2024 WAG Euros qualifying/Olympic individual qualifying/AA

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

ArnoldRimmer

Defender
Last edited:
Looks like Erika Pinxten also doing AA. So does Maellyse Brassart.
Derwael is the only Belgian WAG qualified to Paris so far IIRC?

Looks like Erika Pinxten also doing AA. So does Maellyse Brassart.
Derwael is the only Belgian WAG qualified to Paris so far IIRC?
Yes. Although Pinxten is the next eligible athlete down in the 2023 worlds standings, should any vacant Oceania spot be reallocated that way. So there may still be a possibility of three.

Just seen elsewhere that Kuusiko and Paulssen aren't doing AA. They'd both have been potential continental spot winners if they were.

Last edited:
Kuusiko was a potential contender, but isn't doing AA.

We don't have much AA data from Pihan this quad, as she got injured in 2021 then had another baby. She broke 51 in the Italian Serie A the other week though, which if it were at all legit would put her in a strong position here.

So basically Belgium should grab the slot. Though if its Pinxten, what happens if Oceania spot is turned down because she would be next in line.

If Pinxten gets the Euro spot, would they just keep going down the list from worlds? If so, the next 3 are Jennifer Williams (SWE), Tonya Paulsson (SWE), and Selina Kickenger (AUT). And who knows if the Swedish Fed would accept a spot, given their own no Olympic tourists policy.

So basically Belgium should grab the slot. Though if its Pinxten, what happens if Oceania spot is turned down because she would be next in line.
Good question. The outcome could be different depending on whether a hypothetical Oceania reallocation treats her as already qualified before Euros or not.

I know it runs chronologically, but there's nothing in the rules about the date on which such a spot would be considered to have been won, iyswim. Is it the date of worlds prelims or the date the Oceania spot is reallocated? If it's the latter, Jennifer Williams is the next one down. If the Swedish federation don't play ball, it's Selina Kickinger.

Kuusiko was a potential contender, but isn't doing AA.

Sad, I assume she hasn't recovered from her injury before Worlds. I do wonder if she got screwed over a bit by the new Worlds qualification system last year - she had a different injury before the season and it sounds like she rushed back a bit for Euros, and then sat out the rest of the year until the event just before Worlds where she got injured again. I wonder if she would have gone to Euros if it wasn't essential for Worlds and thus most of the Olympic AA spots.

The subdivisions for today are below.

Sub 1 starts in an hour. 10am Rome time, 9am GB time. The first sub has a fair bit of Olympic AAer interest, as there's Belgium, Ireland and Celeste Mordenti from Luxembourg.

After two

AA
Sabrina Maneca-Voinea 52.7
Alba Petisco 52.699
Morgane Oyssek-Reimer 52.432

Olympic qual spot remains with Brassart, not sure who is still to come.

Team
France 159.130
Romania 158.798
Spain 154.462

Apparatus leaders
VT Devillard 13.983
UB Kevric 14.066
BB Maneca-Voinea 14.1
FX Maneca-Voinea 13.7

Heading out now, but I assume Italy, GBR, maybe Netherlands and a couple of the Hungarian gymnasts might mix things up

Olympic wise, I think only Marta Pihan has scored anything like 52 recently, and that was in the Italian Serie A so not sure if it was reliable.

For TFs, don't think anyone in the 3rd sub is likely to make the final. Italy, GB and the Netherlands in the final sub all will. I'm not sure how Hungary will go without Kovacs. They were 4th last year, but that was when she was here.

1714654846228.png

Top 8 teams make it to team finals. France, Romania, Spain, Germany are locked into team finals.

The other teams to come that can make team finals are GBR, Netherlands, Hungary, Italy.
No one else in sub 3 or sub 4 have a real chance.

Belgium will need one of these teams to have a bad day. Strong result for Portugal after finishing 21st last year.

Reactions: Bob
After two

AA
Sabrina Maneca-Voinea 52.7

Team
France 159.130
Romania 158.798
Spain 154.462

Apparatus leaders
BB Maneca-Voinea 14.1
FX Maneca-Voinea 13.7

Heading out now, but I assume Italy, GBR, maybe Netherlands and a couple of the Hungarian gymnasts might mix things up
Some good scores there for Sabi - I was watching podium training and she seems to have tidied her execution up a bit. But still - Camilia...!

Sabrina had strong scores on 3 events but 11.300 on bars.

Subdivision 3 is starting in about 15 minutes.

Sabrina had strong scores on 3 events but 11.300 on bars.

Subdivision 3 is starting in about 15 minutes.

She had strong scores on BB and FX. VT was a bit sub-par on her dty with only 8.6E and then she only vaulted a 3.8D on her second vt - so no vt final. But still she had a pretty good lead going into the final rotation only to lose it once again on ub.

Feel a bit sorry for Petisco who sits in 2nd by 0,01 because of the rounding anomaly.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back