Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kaylia Nemour

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Flavia Saraiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ellie Black

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I was just thinking that Melanie is probably the biggest hope for an AA medal for France. So in theory the french federation could have asked the Landis already beginning of the year if Cecile is willing to be French coach during OG. Now it is obviously too late to ask
The French fed don’t like Melanie training with the Landis. I don’t know if it’s still the case, but initially they weren’t allowed to accompany her at any competition as they aren’t registered as coaches in France (this is also the case in the UK- Charlotte Booth isn’t allowed her personal coach at all).

I’m guessing from the Landi’s point of view, they may have looked at Cecile coaching Melanie in Paris (subject to French fed agreement), only if they didn’t have 2 athletes on the US team. Since it would be a way of them both having Olympic accreditation, which is a huge thing for them personally, since it allows them to spend time in the Olympic village with their daughter

The Landis haven't been allowed on the floor with Melanie even at French domestic competitions, IIRC.

Isn't the French federation famously against any coach other than their chosen ones?

Isn't the French federation famously against any coach other than their chosen ones?
In this instance, they don’t appear to have anything against the the Landi’s personally. They just have a rule that only coaches registered to French clubs can officially coach their gymnasts. It’s not an unusual rule, Shavahn Church (thankfully), Charlotte Booth and Irina Alexeeva have all been in the same situation regarding coaching arrangements

Yes, it’s the same situation in GB for Charlotte Booth. Not unusual
I know it was some time ago, but at the 2005 Worlds Shavahn Church had Chris Waller with her. ETA: It might’ve actually been Don Peters.

Last edited:
I know it was some time ago, but at the 2005 Worlds Shavahn Church had Chris Waller with her. ETA: It might’ve actually been Don Peters.
Don Peters was the reason BG put the rule in place in the first place. He was not allowed in any British gym or domestic competition. It was hugely controversial at the time amongst Shavahn’s US fans, who felt that she was being unfairly treated. Which she was, but in a different way. She was treated appallingly by the Liverpool mafia

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back