AA final Euros

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Totally. I think they could beat a Russian or Chinese team with 2/3 falls. Which obviously isn’t out of the question.

They only fell once in Rio right (Ellie on beam)? Although Frags had a few big wobbles on beam and like 1.4 in OOB deductions on floor.

Yea Alice will be kicking herself. She’s made herself very irrelevant this week. I wonder if she wishes she hadn’t come… She only came because Jennifer pulled out!

Yes. Floor was as much the issue as beam there. Thanks to Mao Yi’s epic floor, China were about 1.65 ahead of GB (and Japan). Meanwhile GB had a beam fall and barely stuck a tumble on floor. So they could’ve nicked bronze even with some skidding around on floor if Ellie had done her 14.5 prelims beam set, or alternatively Ellie could’ve done a more modest hit beam set and no OOB fest on floor and that too would have been enough.

I’m calling bullshit on the slightly more than 1 tenth difference between Listunova and Gadirova’s DTYs…

I heard Alice scored highest in the trials. I think Phoebe J is the reserve that came in for Jen. Alice was named to the team from the start.

Oh shit you’re right, my bad!

Do you have the scores from Trials?

If Alice had just stayed on beam in prelims, which she was more than capable of doing, this whole conversation would be very different. She’d have been in the AA final ahead of Gadirova, might have been in with a shout at bronze and would also be a potential beam medallist. So much turning on that one routine.

I wonder how much that will play into selection.

Alice is only really useful on beam. If she can’t hit that one routine when it counted…

I tend to think she wouldn’t be on a first choice team even if this week had gone well. She could’ve left here AA and beam bronze medallist and still be ripe for overtaking.

I wonder what made them pick Jennifer over Jessica for SCAM last year? They seem almost identical ability-wise

I wonder what made them pick Jennifer over Jessica for SCAM last year? They seem almost identical ability-wise
I thought in March 2020, the consensus was that Jennifer was clearly the superior gymnast, but maybe I am misremembering.

Seconded. It looked like classic ACL to me 😦

She was jumping out of the gogean to disguise the underturn. And landed super wobbly on one leg. That “rattle” of the knee is a telltale sign. I really hope it’s not.

Last edited:
Yes I think she had better results at junior Euros 2019. I guess seeing how well Jennifer did at Scam would have given both a huge confidence boost. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone judges didn’t realise it was a different Gadirova! They tumble and vault almost identically!

You could Tell she knew as soon as she did it.

Had she qualified to Tokyo? Absolutely gutting.

She said she felt it go on the 2.5 punch front. Tried to continue after.

Last edited:
I don’t think she’d qualified. Wikipedia has one WAG qualified, and shows Gabriela Janik as having a spot from reallocation of 2019 Worlds AA spots. Marta wasn’t at Worlds in 2019

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back