Teams are starting to come in for 2022 World Championship in Liverpool, England

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This is from Inside Gymnastics so not official but hopefully good enough for planning purposes.

I haven’t seen anything except the BBC options. Last time I tried to VPN my way into watching BBC I couldn’t get in.

J175’s post up thread has that.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why the qualifications run so late. I mean that is nuts. They are having trouble selling tickets for the late ones. If you have 2 or 3 hours travel home then 11 pm is way too late for little kids to watch. They should be on in the afternoon. That would allow people time to travel home afterwards.

I have heard on reddit that nbcsports, peacock, and maybe nbc broadcast will have it. Spencer usually has the links and times, so im watching his page anxiously.

Probably not relevant to most IG2 readers, but the UK clocks change between day one and day two so Saturday times should be BST (British summer time).

I’ve ranted from the very beginning about this schedule. No one should be competing elite gymnastics at 2245 and judging from 0900-2250 is insane. Public transport is rough on Sundays, let alone at that time of night. Half term is this week so Sunday is a school night as well. From the family audience POV it was very unlucky for GB WAG to draw the last subdivision.

I know they want to shorten worlds, but this isn’t a great solution for gymnasts, judges or spectators.

NBC is probably hoping to get more U.S. viewers with that but realistically that schedule is still too early in our morning for any but Eastern time people. Should have just made it better for the athletes, judges and live attendees. If they had a quickly archived livestream personally I’d be fine without watching live.

Last edited:
Even back in my stay out and party all night days, I would be seriously mad about a sporting event STARTING at 9:45 pm. That’s just insane. I hope coaches and federations are speaking up loudly about this.

Yeah, that is absolutely brutal. Between the very expensive tickets and the brutal schedule, they’re not helping themselves.

I know the place will be jumping for finals, but qualifications might need a bit more help and they’re excluding all but quite a small cohort of people. I really don’t live far at all and, having got the finals tickets I wanted ages ago, would’ve considered a cheeky prelims trip too if there were still tickets closer to the time. But there’s no way I’d do that now, and if a superfan from a few miles down the road is ruling it out then they’re really narrowing their audience.

It’s a shame when you think how accessible the gymnastics at CWG was, even with the scheduling issues there too. CWG as a whole and the football Euros this summer both set a brilliant blueprint for how to get people in, and they reaped the benefits. I hope that model continues going forward.

Finals on peacock in the USA, but no word on podium training or qualifying

Typically in the past podium training and qualifications was not shown on broadcast but was instead shared on the USAG YouTube channel, with USAG also broadcasting the usual favorites such as China, GBR, Russia.
However, not sure what they are planning to do. If they do decide to stream I would imagine it will be posted on FlipNow.

Does anyone know if it is the free or pay peacock?

The Italian team is Alice D’Amato, Manila Esposito, Elisa Iorio, Martina Maggio, Veronica Mandriota and Giorgia Villa, with the alternate to be decided this week.

The selection of Iorio is unexpected. She didn’t compete at the Italian Championships last week, and as far as I can tell hasn’t competed at all since March unless there’s been another trial this weekend. Making it even stranger is that the club of another gymnast, Caterina Cereghetti, had apparently announced that she was the alternate, and the nominative registration was updated to include Cereghetti after Andreoli withdrew.

Last edited:
Usually live sports require peacock premium but I haven’t seen anything specific about worlds, can’t even find it on their schedule yet.

I hope so. It’s insane that it finishes around 11pm, and- I would assume- has media, drug testing etc after.

if a superfan from a few miles down the road is ruling it out then they’re really narrowing their audience
Says it all.

They’re not helping themselves with the strict spectator rules either. No food allowed. I’m sure they want to make money but multiple 14 hour days on arena food is rubbish. Not to mention that the times between subdivisions are so short that there won’t be time to buy food. Bags are also restricted. Depending on which bit of the website you read, it’s either no bag or an A4 sized bag only. That’s not enough for an adult gym fan, let alone a family. No bag storage is available so if they stick to the rules they could be turning thousands away. It’s highly unlikely casuals will be studying the rules. They aren’t allowing dSLRs either which I’m particular upset about as I love photographing this sport. Having detachable lenses as your definition of professional is outdated. I couldn’t compete with professionals when I photographed the 2012 Olympics with my camera and I certainly can’t a decade later.

It’s particularly galling that this venue has been a successful host of the British for years. Normal back packs can fit under your seat and I’ve previously taken photos there. Your point about CWG is absolutely right. Security queues could be long, but food, cameras (<30 cm lenses) and normal backpacks were all allowed.

I sent them quite a long email complaining about these issues. It’s dampened my excitement the last couple of weeks.

I was sorry I didn’t try to come. Is this a sign of what we can expect from now on? I sure hope not.

The rules for our Olympic Trials were supposed to be stricter and it turned out they didn’t enforce a clear bag rule after all. It was easy to hide a water bottle.

Maybe they will amend those rules?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back