2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

They get whatever USAG can give them, they don't get the USOC stuff.

USAG treats the alternates like they're team members, the USOC does not. The IOC doesn't acknowledge their existence at all.
It's massively unfair because if say an athlete is a back up soccer goalie who doesn't play one second of game time, that athlete practices with the team and gets a medal if the team gets a medal. I also remember in the winter Olympics a few years ago a mogul skier injured in a training run got to stay the entire time through the closing ceremony.

Last edited:
Devastating for her. For a team perspective, really opens up a speculative spot.

I'd give it to Hezley - she fits in very cleanly. Showed the ability to get over 14 on both UB and BB at nationals which I dont think anyone else left has done? She might be very green but if qualification goes poorly for her, you dont need to use her in the final.

My revised prediction is Biles, Lee, Chiles, Carey, Sumanasekera. Are they naming 4 alts? If so, Wong, Rivera, Roberson, Lincoln.

I know that leaves them very weak on bars, but there just isn’t anyone to bring in that has difficulty and consistency on bars

2 traveling
2 non-traveling

I still think Wong or Hezly when you consider UB/BB. Wong if you want to go with experience and ability to go anywhere at anytime.
Chiles, Lee, Biles will do AA.

Rivera is so unreliable though. Sumanasekera has hit every routine so far through classics, nationals and trials
Isn't Rivera 12/12 with Nationals and Trials? If they both hit, I think she'll get the nod because of bars. Sumanasekera could get it otherwise if she hits beam. Wong would need to be absolutely lights out bars and beam; consistency has not been her watchword lately

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back