2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 2: Sunday, Aug 4 (9:00 AM EST)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Hm. I guess there's still vt and maybe pb? Is Fraser in?

Hm. I guess there's still vt and maybe pb? Is Fraser in?

Best chance for GB is vt with Jarman and Hepworth both in EF

Hepworth is in rings but qualified last so no real chance

Fraser is 2nd reserve on PB and 1st/2nd reserve on HB (depending on whether a Japanese gymnast goes down or not)

Yeah, MAG vault was probably GB's best medal chance going in. Max is the bigger name, but PH is such a bloodbath. Nobody really had the women down as contenders for anything.

Last edited:
Where did Becky qualify? Because we can't guarantee the Chinese will hit, especially when they haven't since qualifications. She could sneak onto the podium.

Incidentally, the first three in start order is also my exact podium prediction.

Last edited:
Where did Becky qualify? Because we can't guarantee the Chinese will hit, especially when they haven't since qualifications. She could sneak onto the podium.

Incidentally, the first three in start order is also my exact podium prediction.
Becky qualified 8th I think but she did improve significantly in tf (14.933 I think)

In case you brits were thinking you wouldn't suffer your way through this one

Becky was 7th ahead of Kevric in qualifying, but yep her TF score was significantly higher and she's the 3rd highest scoring bars gymnast over the 3 rounds now. Also Qiu Qiyuan hasn't hit bars since. Not that I trust Becky to go clean either, once she's got her TF invincibility cloak off.

We got to Orlando yesterday for a 10 day vacation and this rental house has every damn channel known to man (literally a Beverly Hills 90210 channel!) but I cannot get on Peacock on the TV nor can I find NBC. Wth??

We got to Orlando yesterday for a 10 day vacation and this rental house has every damn channel known to man (literally a Beverly Hills 90210 channel!) but I cannot get on Peacock on the TV nor can I find NBC. Wth??
Baby, download the peacock app ASAP and watch that *hit on your phone.

I will cry like a baby if Becky Downie wins an Olympic medal - proper snot crying as well!
Same. I’m teary just staring at the bars right now. Another big retirement routine is about to happen.

D'amato also scored 14.8 in aa, so I'd say she could be in the mix, specially since qqy doesn't seem to be hitting these games
Yeah, that wasn’t a real score though.

I do think bars will be a bit of a splat fest

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back