2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 1: Aug 3

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

How is Dolgopyat 0.166 better in execution than Yulo
I'd have to go back and watch them again, but I felt like Dolgopyat had better amplitude and form. And Yulo had a couple of big hops and that piked/tucked double front.

Karimi
Randi, hop back
front 1/1, double Pike
2'5-double front, these are the compulsories apparently
Silivas, step back
double twist side pass, cause the 90's
front 2/1, barani
short 3/1 to dismount.

also good, won't challenge 1st or 2nd

I'd have to go back and watch them again, but I felt like Dolgopyat had better amplitude and form. And Yulo had a couple of big hops and that piked/tucked double front.
I mean I don't know amplitude, but form, except for the double piked, wasn't better. Yulo is literally the only guy here with really straight legs and pointed toes

What's the point of the 'do a handstand or circles' requirement? Is it some sort of weird remnant?

Karimi 14.5

Jarman on
Triple double LO, hop back
2'5-double front, good
triple double tuck, hop back
side triple, shuffles
fedorchenko
1/1- Randi, hop fwd,
3'5 off

I mean, hops everywhere. I don't know about the D score.

Little hops on landings for Jarman, didn’t get his twist all the way around on second pass

I mean I don't know amplitude, but form, except for the double piked, wasn't better. Yulo is literally the only guy here with really straight legs and pointed toes
Yeah, you're actually right. I take it back. Ha! I had that double front in my mind when I said that but Yulo's twisting form is better. I guess maybe those couple of big hops?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back