2024 Olympic Games: Event Final Day 3: Monday, Aug 5 (5:40 am EST) FLOOR INQUIRY REMOVED TO AG FX THREAD

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I guess I'm just disappointed about Simone, especially with how beam went. I'm not having a good time right now.
Sure but we were seeing throughout the Olympics that Simone didn't really have the cushion for big errors because Andrade was on her ass. In this case, Simone made big landing errors, possibly due to her calf, and Andrade peformed great.

How else can they do it though? The final competitor is entitled to an inquiry
No good way obviously. And if they had denied it just because everyone thought it was done, that would be wrong too.

Wish Simone had kept just 1 more foot inbounds, but if overpowering was protecting her injury, then this result is fine.

And Jordan could have lost D score for that turn on floor so it was a risk.

I'm still not over the 2012 men's team final.
That's exactly what I was thinking of at the end of the floor final! And just like last time, I'm glad the inquiry was put in and Jordan was given her correct score, but I was as excited for Anna to get her surprise bronze as I was for Ukraine back then and am correspondingly just as sad that it didn't end up being true.

Sure but we were seeing throughout the Olympics that Simone didn't really have the cushion for big errors because Andrade was on her ass. In this case, Simone made big landing errors, possibly due to her calf, and Andrade peformed great.
I'm having a lot of trouble facing that reality because I didn't want Rebeca to beat Simone on floor. I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard not to be bitter right now, but it's something that's really hard for me, even as an adult.

They could Show the D score 30 seconds before the E score and withhold the E score until the inquiry is over.
This is an interesting idea. It would encourage inquiries on principle rather than a last-ditch effort at a medal (which I'm not against, but don't necessarily want to facilitate either).

If the screenshots and the armchair judges do declare that Gogean was short, I'm going to be immaturely upset about it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back