US Classic Senior Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m more concerned about the next generation of juniors coming up. I don’t know enough about gymnastics coaching to know what needs to be done.

I think she could scrape a 56 internationally yes. And maybe even a mid 56 with the Amanar. But so could Melnikova. And Russia have 2 other 56’s in the AA that USA just don’t have right now (obviously minus Simone).

Personally I thought DiCello was really overscored.

Skinner was appropriately scored. And that means HAMMERED.

Grace was 55 with 2 falls and coming back from injury. but after that, they are definitely looking like the walking wounded. Leeann Wong and Kayla DiCello are also close if you can keep them from falling.

Eta: oops, DiCello already mentioned. Eaker has really regressed, I think we all agree. Rings still terrible.

Last edited:
Grace’s 55 with 2 falls wouldn’t hold up internationally. I think I had her at a high 53.

Actually - Skinner got a GIFT on beam, so maybe it evens out.

And bars. Haven’t judged it, but 7.5E looked outrageous for that set.

Honestly, a great coach could to get Skinner scoring literally 3 points higher than she scored tonight in like 2-3 weeks time. She’s SO talented and there’s more than enough content to work with. But her coaches don’t make her focus on the right stuff, espeically on FX and BB. And it’s no longer speculation — we see it directly in her videos week after week!

Actually, you have her at a 54.9. (eta: Grace)

Last edited:
Grace? Ok, thats not so bad then, with 2 falls.

Grace was always on my team anyway!

Not gonna lie- I hate myself for paying for the Flo subscription because y’know- morality/ethics. But, as a non US based fan- it makes things so much more accessible. I hate searching for links and VPNs that don’t stop my internet working.

Biles- I hope it was just nerves and she shakes it off.
Chiles- so happy for her. Amazing how far she’s come.
Carey- should take her +1 and be happy.
Aleah- dark horse. Could slip in.
Grace- love her.
Skinner- reality check time.
Chellsie- my idol.

My team so far: Biles, Chiles, McCallum, Kara +Jade + one of Suni/Finnegan/Hurd

Even if you take away Biles completely and take Chiles, DiCello, McCallum, and Finnegan

VT (Finnegan 14.250) DiCello 14.35, McCallum 14.40, Chiles 14.95
UB (Finnegan 13.20) McCallum 13.20, Chiles 14.150, DiCello 14.6
BB (DiCello 13.3) Finnegan 13.40, McCallum 13.950, Chiles 14.050
FX (Finnegan 13.300) McCallum 13.550, DiCello 13.850, Chiles 13.950

Russia (Europeans Qualfiying)
VT (Gerasimova 13.266) Urasova 14.433, Lstunova 14.466, Melnikova 14.6
UB (Gerasimova 13.800) Listunova 14.166, Urasova 14.500, Melnikova 14.625
BB (Gerasimova 11.600) Melnikova 12.466, Listunova 12.6, Urasova 13.033
FX (Gerasimova 11.833) Urasova 13.333, Listunova 14.033, Melnikova 14.3

I can seethe concern for Chiles internationally for UB and BB. But her FX tumbling would get her high marks and that DTY is breathtaking.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back