US Classic Senior Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Belize probably wouldn’t even know until after she won Worlds.

I went back and researched. I have never seen a Belize gymnast, even at the South American Games.

Not that it matters, if two US ladies (Kwan and Dickson) can represent Belarus, I am sure every single country would award her citizenship.

Romania is like HELLLLLLLO UB QUEEN

Last edited:
You mean you’d have credited Full in Pike?

I did a post on this a few weeks back. Did she grasp the backs of her thighs?

Tuck, I believe I thought at the time.

It was pretty ridiculous. It should be a given to not give DLO 1/1s to slow, low-ish athletes who do not have the best basics, but here we are. Not surprising her ankle’s bothering her.

Last edited:
In 2019 I would probably have put Riley near the bottom of my list for potential to FTDLO. Her training videos have looked decent to good for this skill but they weren’t on hard. Without a massive sea change on floor (possible given the gap/new gym and why I was excited to see floor at classics), I tended to think it was a training thing to help her other tumbling and/or give some variety during the long period without competitions. I was surprised to see it in podium training.

Yes. She was trying to do a DLO 1/1 but all it looked like was a full-in tuck where she tried to stay laid out a bit longer. Then she had to crunch way down (and not just in the last half of the second salto), because it’s McCusker trying a DLO 1/1, of course she doesn’t have the rotation.

Last edited:
I knew this would happen when the video of her training it onto resi got posted. Her 5.3 routine would have sufficed, but if they really wanted to upgrade the tumbling, they could’ve improved her front 2/1 so she could do more than a punch front out of it. The thought process behind this upgrade is very Al Fong.

Maybe it’s just to give riley confidence about doing the DLO onto hard?

Brian can couch it to her as “let’s water down the tumbling so you’re more comfortable”. That can work wonders for how confident a gymnast feels.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I was that type of gymnast. I haven’t seen a recent clip of her DLO, you think it’s worth the extra .1? The one she did in PT in 2018 was not it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back