US Classic Senior Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I actually feel really sorry for MyKayla. That 7.3 E score for floor. You could tell it really hit her hard. She looked like she didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. A very painful reality check. She is noway near this Olympic team. Half of Team USA is in a boot, falling all over the place, not even competing AA. And she only has one fall, hits one of the best Cheng’s of her live, makes it through floor without a major error, and comes 10th. That must really really hurt.

But even still, that is a almost full 2 points plus Finnegan is on the US team, when Russia is using it’s Olympic team.

I don’t disagree. But her FX dance elements are woeful. European judges hit them harder than American judges do, it seems.

@makam - I don’t think my scores make the totals until at least 2 judges have inputted scores in. Just one judge and it reverts to the USAG score. Thats why its not a 54.9 for Grace (by me). I wondered why it was so high! ha

THe way we have written the algorithm is that WWGym doesn’t have a score until 2 judges have inputted scores.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard elsewhere they showed the one from podium training during hockey yesterday!

Did Carey and Fatta get identical marks or is something weird with the scoring? I wasn’t paying enough attention.

Also, I wonder what the impact of Simone’s ten foot high YDP has on MyKayla’s small Cheng. Like, are we all recalibrating our amplitude meters?

Stock Up/ Stock Down

Biles: GOAT
Chiles: Up
DiCello: Up
McCallum:Up (coming off injury)
Carey: Up wow on UB!!!
Wong: Up
Finnegan: Up
Blakely: Even
Eaker: Down
Skinner: Down
Jones: Down
McClain: Down
S Lee: Down
E Lee: Up
Hurd: Down
McCusker: Down- let’s see how bad that injury is

Reactions: Bob
After podium training, I had McCusker’s stock up, so yeah, I hope the injury is just a minor one they want to baby. She wasn’t really limping when she left the podium though her eyes definitely said pain.

After all of our collective prattling about Tom’s asinine selection methods, I honestly think the best way to select this team is going to be by AA rank at Trials. I think Jordan has a slight edge and a higher potential than the others, but the daylight between the non Simone field is so negligible that you might as well go strictly by competition results.

This is a good fucking vault. I actually feel badly for her. So much improved. This is ACTUALLY a Cheng.

I had 2 on preflight (bent arm, shoulder angle)

Post flight - 1 distance 1 height (this was a borderline 3 but the Paseka rule means you always get 1/1 for a Cheng) 1 lack of layout, 1 bent knees, 1 slight pike down, 1 hop

Maybe they hit her extra hard on dynamics because they’d been watching Simone do that YDP for the last few days? Because a .3 height or distance is basically the difference in the scores isn’t it?

But I agree that is a massively improved vault.

Last edited:
Yea. But at Worlds they never hit 3/3 for one of the big vaults. A Cheng or an Amanar (or even a DTY).

Just looked at Riley’s DTY again. She picked up her foot EXACTLY how Mustafina did at Euros 2011.

That’s a “turn in the ground” reaction. I worry she’s torn ankle ligaments or something.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back