Simone is out of the AA, VT, UB and FX

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This makes me wonder if Simone’s brain has just become overloaded by her insane level of difficulty
I’ve often wondered how her brain keeps all the flips and twists straight. So many different events, salts, twists… and your timing has to be spot on to avoid injury. Maybe it all became too much in her brain?

Last edited:
And people have been complaining about her bouncy landings all quad but having to keep in mind how much power to use to complete the skill but not overcook it while on different floor types has to be difficult when you have so many skill options. Maybe this shows the importance of finalizing a routine/skill choice a year before the big event and using the year to dial in the muscle memory instead of learning new skills (though I love the YDP and would be so sad if it never sees a competition. I vote for a European vacation for Simone with a stop at a WC event where she does a YDP and a Weiler full and then blows kisses to the crowd)

Last edited:
Sorry Doug - I’m not convinced she is in the right head space to do anything further in this Olympics.

I would hate her to attempt a watered down/amended routine and fail - which would encourage the haters to hate even more

Last edited:
I don’t want her living her life to try to satisfy racists and haters who would never be satisfied anyway. If she is in a good place mentally and physically, I’d love her to do beam and fuck what any racists, haters, and piers morgans (but I repeat myself) say about it.

Yeah, either the gymnasts rely on dance elements and I’m bored to tears (Sanne, I’m sorry), or they do big tricks, but inconsistently (Chinese in general), or they do a decent amount of difficulty on the beam, but their dismount is lame (Suni).

Larisa’s beam is probably one of my favorites.

Last edited:
None of the Chinese have really wowed me with their beam routines in tokyo. They’re all so painfully slow and trick stop trick stop. Beautifully performed elements, yes. But the package isn’t there.

Also, Larissa has the opposite problem. Perfect rhythm and movement, but, I’m sorry, pretty jank form that I think is a little overrated.

Simone can hit a split (she just has short legs and not the best feet, so she don’t have a great line). She has pretty good rhythm. I’m not her biggest beam fan either, but I wouldn’t be mad about her knocking a routine out of the park and getting an Olympic gold.

I do love Urazova and I think she is really underrated (and underscored!) on beam. She’s the only beam I’ve seen that should be getting high 8 E.

Last edited:
They literally just announced there would be news on Biles on primetime, and I came here to see it 5 min early. God I love this forum

I keep starting to write this, but I keep not finishing it.

I’ll bet $100 we’ll see Biles in beam finals. I even think she’ll do a full-in, which, for her, is probably a muscle-memory full + back tuck … as opposed to an element with more twists that she could get disoriented with.

The rest of her routine has nothing to do with twists and might be totally accessible.

I think you could’ve right. But I’m not betting any money, just so you’re clear.

LOL, thanks for clarifying.

BTW, do we have an update on Iordache? She seemed to say she was okay the other day.

There is a part of me that wants her to win the final, get a gold, and retire in peace with no more horrible injuries.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back