DTB Pokal 2023

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Was Roberson’s vt the only WAG score to break 14 in the top 10?
Yes.
The highest vault score of the night was from Brynn Torry at 14.100 (DTY)
Fatta was 3rd with 13.900 in tie for 10th and Disidore was 14th AA but 4th on vault with 13.850

Schedule for this weekend: (local time, which is UTC+1)

Friday
Junior MAG 10:00
Senior MAG 16:00

Saturday
Junior WAG 10:00
Senior WAG 14:30
MAG apparatus finals 18:30

Sunday
WAG apparatus finals 10:00
Mixed Cup 14:30

Streaming (I think) https://www.enbw-dtbpokal.de/live/

Scores https://www.sportlicht.com/sl_gymnastic/main.php?lng=2&page=850

Entry lists with all the teams now except for the Mixed Cup. It might be that some of them will be decided at the last minute if they are going to use gymnasts who are competing on Friday and Saturday. Mixed Cup teams will be USA, Germany, Japan and Brazil. https://www.enbw-dtbpokal.de/enbw-dtb-pokal/starterfeld/nationen/

haXPPIZ.png

eA9ocMF.png

Senior men are on now. This is going to be a really long competition with 14 teams all in one session.

Last edited:
FrcaOEqWABgPgYu

Impressive score for the US team. Japan had Hashimoto, Doi and Tanigawa Kakeru from last year’s Worlds team, but only competed with four gymnasts, I think because Tanigawa Wataru was withdrawn from the original entry list. So not quite a full strength Japan but still pretty good.
Fred Richard was the top qualifier for the US on PB, Hashimoto topped PH and HB, Doi on FX, Ibrahim Colak on SR, and GB’s Harry Hepworth topped vault. Apparatus finals are six gymnasts, one per country.

Colak must have hurt himself at some point and went up on the podium on crutches. Would be a big loss for Turkey at Euros if he is out.

The women’s startlists are available from the live scoring site. Quite a few hits from the original list.

Out - Nina Derwael, Miyata Shoko, Eythora Thorsdottir (possibly injured from Baku last week), Pauline Schäfer (injured). Elisabeth Seitz and Sarah Voss are doing the mixed cup on Sunday and not competing tomorrow. Miyata and Thorsdottir have not been replaced so the Netherlands and Japan only have four starters.

Should still be a good competition but those withdrawals take a bit of the shine off the start list. And make it less likely anyone will compete with the USA team.

If it’s anything like the part of the stream I saw today expect to see a lot of the two German teams.

The men’s competition is really exciting to watch. It’s a great start for the USA MAG this year. Meanwhile, the Worlds would be in different format (5-member team, 3-up-3-count) with 2-3 AAers competing. I hope that the USA MAG can perform like today under this format.

Last edited:
The WAG competition is less predictable, but we can still see how they perform internationally. Maybe there will be surprises as well!

Bummer for her. I wonder if Fatta or Mueller will replace her, or if they’ll just go with 4 athletes.

Last edited:
That is a good result for the US men. I hope that last year’s team finals embarrassment has lit a fire under all of their butts.
They REALLY can compete for a team medal, they just need the performances to match their abilities.

Watching the women’s stream as i work. It is funny watching elite bars after a season of ncaa bars. It is like, dismount, dismount! But they keep going…

Zoe Miller got a 14.850 on UB. Nola Matthews 13.650, Roberson 13.000, Sullivan 12.550.

Scores seem high?

Last edited:
Scores seem high?
Hard to tell without seeing the routines.
Zoe Miller has a 6.4 routine so that means she got a 8.45 E score, which is possible for her.
Nola Matthews was given 5.6 D so that means 8.05 E score.
Roberson had a 5.3 D which means 7.700 E score
Sullivan 5.3 d WITH 7.25 E score.

So they don’t seem super out of line…especially if they all cleaned up since Winter Cup.
Sullivan looks like she had a major error in her routine…maybe a fall?

They must have radically reworked Roberson’s bar routine.

That bars score would’ve won Roberson the Winter Cup AA title by a wide margin.

Zoe Miller’s routine was nice, but I’m not a judging expert. I’m curious to see Roberson’s UB.

Last edited:
Sullivan’s dty feels like a knee injury waiting to happen

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back