Cairo World Cup 2023, April 27-30

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Probably with her recent successes in Germany they figured they should invest. If anything, the international outing showed that non-domestic judges generally favored her gymnastics. Roberson is a legit vault medal contender due to having the strong two vaults.
Sacramone stated they wanted athletes to have two vaults. She and Fatta are the only two that did two at Winter Cup…so perhaps rewarding being a vaulter ?
She could win a bunch of medals on the circuit.

Hopefully, more gymnasts will start doing two vaults. Chiles does, I think.

Roberson’s international scores (aside from vault) are puzzling. But good for her for being a vault contender and getting to compete internationally.

Chiles is the reigning World silver medalist on vault, behind Carey (so obviously she does two vaults; she actually has competed three vault families in the past year, with a Tsuk full being her debut vault for UCLA). Roberson doing two vaults is a good start for the national team but isn’t going to get her onto teams with those two still in top form.

And Leanne Wong was also doing 2 vaults last year. Hopefully she won’t be struggling through an ankle injury this elite season, if she indeed decides to continue elite and NCAA.

Last edited:
If Roberson can go 14+ again on floor, it will be interesting to see how she might fit onto future teams actually. We also haven’t seen how her beam is scored with a hit routine internationally, but she has a huge D score there as well. I never thought I would’ve been typing this post just a few weeks ago…

Agreed. I’m more and more seeing her making that upper echelon of the 12ish elites who’ll be at Olympic trials. (Though still an extreme outsider to the 5 person team if the expected stars are healthy).

I totally agree. I looked at the list yesterday and thought. Italy has 3 going in a few pieces. Chuso and Millousi old favourites. Then um no one I want to see really. A few minor names. Unfortunately I think this will set Roberson up to do really well on 3 pieces and make her out to be better than she is. Which won’t encourage her coaches to go home and improve her basic shapes flexibility and form. Meh.

Well that is an interesting name…

Attachments

• KAZ.png
    KAZ.png
    13 KB · Views: 6
Roberson is at least consistent on that event, which makes a case that she will be in contention for Worlds.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back