2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Potential individual Olympic medals for Team USA WAG

AA: Simone and Suni

VT: Simone and Jade

UB: Suni

BB: Simone and Suni

FX: Simone and Jade (with Jordan having a possibility)
If you are including possibilities, and I agree that Jordan DOES have a chance to win a floor medal (which she has done before at Worlds) you have to include Simone's possibility of getting a medal on bars. With Shilese Jones out, that possibility has increased.

My big question mark is if Jordan is going to upgrade vault. On night 1 the cameras were on Simone and Joc when Jordan was doing her 2nd vault. From what I could hear, Joc asked Simone, is Jordan going to do the (I'm assuming she said Cheng). Simone said no. Then after Jordan completed the Lopez, Simone said - she could have done it.

I wonder if they were keeping it as a possibility for night 2 depending on how night 1 went. Then she did so well without it on Night 1, they played it safe.

If Jordan upgrades to a Cheng, it will put her in a position to challenge Jade for vault EF and give her a better shot at making AA finals. Though, even with the Cheng, I think Suni has the advantage in the AA if she hits.

My big question mark is if Jordan is going to upgrade vault. On night 1 the cameras were on Simone and Joc when Jordan was doing her 2nd vault. From what I could hear, Joc asked Simone, is Jordan going to do the (I'm assuming she said Cheng). Simone said no. Then after Jordan completed the Lopez, Simone said - she could have done it.

I wonder if they were keeping it as a possibility for night 2 depending on how night 1 went. Then she did so well without it on Night 1, they played it safe.

If Jordan upgrades to a Cheng, it will put her in a position to challenge Jade for vault EF and give her a better shot at making AA finals. Though, even with the Cheng, I think Suni has the advantage in the AA if she hits.
That makes it sound like she's probably been training it, but it's highly, highly inconsistent and therefore not competition ready. And definitely not worth the injury risk of a bad landing.

I wish Jordan would work to get to over split. Her legs are slightly bowed so her feet may be at 180, but her thighs aren't. She also needs to square her hips and have her back leg pointing down instead of to the side, but I don't think those issues can be fixed before the games.

And concerns about her being hammered on beam are valid. She was used as the poster child for poor posture (which I still feel was in extremely poor taste). I do think her posture has improved, but it's clearly not natural for her. It tends to relax if beam is going poorly or if she's stressed.

What sort of body type has flexed feet? Of course she could work on it. I don’t find her feet an issue on other events, only bars
There's a specific build that has naturally very tight achilles tendons. It's possible for people with this build to improve toe point but it takes a whole lot of work, and at some point there's diminishing returns in regards to flexibility vs strength when you have to stretch the tendon that much.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• No results found.
Back