2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think they're adorable in a goofy, half adult sort of way. To be fair, I have a niece and a nephew around the same age. The urge to aunty them is strong.
I work at a university and I while I would never admit this to their faces, I'm often amused by the dumb stuff that some of these college kids get into. The men's team reminds me of those knuckleheads.

And it's mostly the boys, because the girls are too serious and don't have time for that shit.

I sometimes wonder if bars are what pommel horse is to the US men. They simply don't like training it. I'm sure it's not the case for all the women, but I remember hating bars myself.

I think this is a decent analogy. The urge for the average child to get into gymnastics centers typically on flipping. Acro. Swinging bars is just a really different experience, and like pommel certain body types work better for it that aren't necessarily the same body types that excel at explosive acro. And swinging pommel is just... well, I stopped trying at a point once all my other routines got to level 10 and i could barely muster a terrible level 8 pommel set. :(

1000003650.png

Quick with the update!!!

Olympic Trials Day 2 stand-alone Results

1. Simone Biles - 58.235
2. Hezly Rivera - 56.325
3. Leanne Wong - 55.675

4. Suni Lee - 55.650
5. Jade Carey - 55.525
6. Joscelyn Roberson - 55.500

7. Jordan Chiles - 55.025
8. Tiana Sumanasekera - 54.850
9. Kaliya Lincoln - 54.525

10. Simone Rose - 53.525
11. Evey Lowe - 52.825
12. Zoey Molomo - 52.550
13. Dulcy Caylor - 52.025

MC, you would be correct if she was traveling to France from Russia. But she coming from the US she will have visa free access
It isn’t visa free, it’s an electronic visa waiver, which requires an application. Similar to when EU nationals visit the US.

I think this is a decent analogy. The urge for the average child to get into gymnastics centers typically on flipping. Acro. Swinging bars is just a really different experience, and like pommel certain body types work better for it that aren't necessarily the same body types that excel at explosive acro. And swinging pommel is just... well, I stopped trying at a point once all my other routines got to level 10 and i could barely muster a terrible level 8 pommel set. :(
Bars ability has nothing to do with body type, if anything, the basics of bars are easier the shorter you are. It’s about how the basics are taught. Core, shapes, but crucially rhythm which is often forgotten about.

Don't know if this is why but they exploded when she was dating a black man during her freshman year per an article (???).
I vaguely remember it was about dating outside of Hmong community, which was (is) generally frowned upon in her community.
Not sure if this was why but either way, it’s sad. Three years ago, they were such a close knit family, and now, it looks like not even Suni’s health issues managed to bring them back together.

With these huge crowds, there must be some money in the U.S. budget to hire the athletes a (shared) social media manager for their individual pages. I agree they shouldn't be monitoring social media, BUT someone needs to be posting on their behave for the sake of endorsements and marketing.

I feel like we can argue about the TF beam lineup, and in particular the mounts we think everyone should be doing, quite a lot.

I also think the athletes should have social media reps but they absolutely should have their own people doing that. USAG and USOC funding someone just reeks of Steve Penneyism.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• No results found.
Back