2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What difference does that make?
Jordan's bars consistently score .5 to .7 above Jade's and may well be in team finals over Simone's bars. If Jordan does bars instead of Jade, she'll likely also do beam where for a hit set they score similarly. Jordan's consistency on beam doesn't matter as much in prelims, but allowing her to do beam over Jade means the US will have a backup AA score should they need it. And past years have definitely shown that's a good idea.

So, after reading everything I've missed and watching everything last night. Here are my thoughts:

I predicted Hezly when I first saw her as a junior. Also, I'm less than 2 months older than her!

I think the team is well chosen, and honestly, it kind of chose itself.

I'm excited for the Olympics this year.

Also my mom said she'll consider Peacock for the Olympics.

Cecile will be in the floor regardless. In the past it was generally customary for the coach of the gymnast that won Olympic Trials to be the head coach on the floor, IIRC. Maybe all except for 2012 and 1996 I think.

2008, Marta had to be on the floor as assistant coach because there were no female head coaches.

Hezly will be the youngest American athlete at these games and is looking to be the youngest gymnast at these games as well.
Hezly is going to get a lot of added attention, but I get the impression that the other 4 will really look out for her. I also think it will be great for her to spend some time where she is treated like an adult as her parents do seem very helicopter and Valeri is known as a coach who micro manages everything.

Hezly is going to get a lot of added attention, but I get the impression that the other 4 will really look out for her. I also think it will be great for her to spend some time where she is treated like an adult as her parents do seem very helicopter and Valeri is known as a coach who micro manages everything.
Agreed. The four veterans all strike me as ladies who will take Hezly under their wings in their own ways. Hezly is in an enviable position as a 16-year-old first-year senior at her first Olympics.

Hezly will be the youngest American athlete at these games and is looking to be the youngest gymnast at these games as well.
That's wild, I thought there might be a 15-year-old or younger in something like skateboarding. I suppose Quincy Wilson must be the next youngest who was selected as an option for the 4x400 meter relay. He was born in January 2008.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back