2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Some of them, like the one Simone wore for AA, just have so much sparkly hardware on them that they look like suits of armor. Italy and Brazil had my favorites today.

There’s also the blue and white leo that Josc was wearing in the posed pictures.

Not worn yet:

Not Worn Yet.png

Simone and Jade both like red. I think they will both choose it for Vault. Suni Would look good in blue and white.

I think Simone will wear the leotard that Suni wore for AA at some point

You know, we were all kind of weirded out by the amount of sparkle on these leotards but some of the other teams have the same opinion about the sparkles. Italy, Japan, China in particular. I mean, damn.

Ooh the blue and white one has been worn by the trampolinists.

Surely they aren’t provided with the full set of very expensive leotards when they only have 1 day of competition?

Ooh the blue and white one has been worn by the trampolinists.

Surely they aren’t provided with the full set of very expensive leotards when they only have 1 day of competition?
No skin off GK's corporate nose if knowing Hezley has the white one sells 20 of them to some little girls in her gym. (Don't they have to be tailored somewhat?)

No skin off GK's corporate nose if knowing Hezley has the white one sells 20 of them to some little girls in her gym. (Don't they have to be tailored somewhat?)
I’m talking about the trampolinists?

They have one day of competition, today. That’s the maximum they can possibly have. So to give them 7 leotards seems massively excessive

I’m talking about the trampolinists?

They have one day of competition, today. That’s the maximum they can possibly have. So to give them 7 leotards seems massively excessive
Ooh, I see now. Interesting question. Not sure how many trampolinists there are to be inspired, but if GK finds the economies of scale in their favor, they'll give them all (though, really, what do you do with them all after) but if it is a money loser, then yeah, I could see them giving only one or two in case something happens to the first.

Can you buy the full blinged out versions or do they only sell stripped down ones?

Back in the 80s and 90s you could buy the competition leos; I have '84, '92, and '96. Now they only sell the replicas; I can't imagine there's much of a market out there for several thousand dollar leos. Even my crazy gym parents would have drawn the line there.

Some of them, like the one Simone wore for AA, just have so much sparkly hardware on them that they look like suits of armor. Italy and Brazil had my favorites today.
Hopefully the designers were watching the broadcast too. The TQ and TF ones read very nicely on screen (tq being a bit muddy design wise but still pretty) but Simone's AA read like a solid breastplate. Vary the colors of the crystals and use negative space if you are trying to have a design.

Suni's looked really pretty and if Rebeca wears a brazil green version of her yellow, I might die of happiness.

Ooh, I see now. Interesting question. Not sure how many trampolinists there are to be inspired, but if GK finds the economies of scale in their favor, they'll give them all (though, really, what do you do with them all after) but if it is a money loser, then yeah, I could see them giving only one or two in case something happens to the first.

Can you buy the full blinged out versions or do they only sell stripped down ones?
The full collection generally ends up being the national team set for the next year or two as well. So they may not wear every leo at the games, but we'll see those leos pop up at other competitions next year.

I can't speak specifically to what the trampolinists get. Waaaaaay back in the day when I still knew some of the national team members, I recall they had their own leos, usually less blinged out less busy versions, sometimes the same design but a different color (think blue instead of red), very occasionally completely different designs. And I'm 99% sure they never went down the pink and purple path. Lately it seems that trampoline and WAG have the same leos, but I don't know if, say, Jessica Stevens got the full set of 7 leos for Paris.

Honestly, they made 22 unique sets for the artistic gymnasts, since they didn't know who the team members were going to be. At that point, you might as well make one more complete set for the one athlete competing trampoline.

It's common for US Olympic athletes to get outfits they never wear during the Olympics.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back