2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wasn’t sure about the Brazil leo at first but it grew on me. The neckline was elegant.

GB would have been gorgeous without the mesh sides.

Romania was too vivid. The red and blue were one thing but a little bright yellow goes a very long way and there was a lot of bright yellow.

That Romanian leo is just wacky.
I loved Aldi UK's facebook post...
1722412706521.png

I wasn’t sure about the Brazil leo at first but it grew on me. The neckline was elegant.

GB would have been gorgeous without the mesh sides.

Romania was too vivid. The red and blue were one thing but a little bright yellow goes a very long way and there was a lot of bright yellow.

My problem with the Romanian leo was that it was just too much - it is like they had ideas for 3 leotards and decided to put them all on a single leotard so ended up with a mish-mash of flag sleeves, flag abdomen, stripes on hips, weird sparkles. It was a shame after the nice leo they had for quals.

Netherlands also had bright colours but their leo looked so much better,

1722420531180.png

Of all the leos so far, I liked the french ones in qf. Too bad we don't get to see the rest of them.

My second place goes to chinese ones, in tf.

Then probably us and uk qf.

Everything else I didn't really like, and yes, the germans do so many things well, but not leotards

The gymnasts were swimming in the award ceremony tracksuits, meanwhile the pants are damn near highwaters on the 6'0 Katie Ledecky

I liked the us tf leo on the screen and I have liked the Canadian ones.

Found the GB leo! Baby Becky Downie at the 2009 American Cup. I'm sure this leo was worn other places, but I cannot find a good still photo, so here's video.

I think Beth Tweddle wore it at 09 worlds when she won floor

I think Beth Tweddle wore it at 09 worlds when she won floor
No she wore the navy one with union jack crystals. I remember the screaming was so loud you couldn't hear the music. That was a brilliant day.
1722462454615.png

she def did but I can't remember what offhand. It is a leo I always liked and I liked the French version too.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back