2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It's common for US Olympic athletes to get outfits they never wear during the Olympics.
Yes. But those are supplied by the US Olympic committee. These are supplied by USAG. Maybe GK pays for it all, I don’t know. But USAG certainly doesn’t have deep pockets

The red one was nice. It’s my second favorite after the fireworks lea.

Kinda liking Canadian leo Shallon is wearing for vault. Not a style I'd generally like, but I love baby blue leotards.
I think Ava was wearing that one in AA? I liked Ellie's better but I always appreciate a good stripe.

Yeo Seo-jung from Korea leotard from vault finals was a flattering design, loved it!
Flattering design? More like splattering design. Too soon?
Christine Ebersole Reaction GIF by CBS

I hated the red leo on the photos but Simone wearing it for vault was stunning. Perfect on her. Totally changed my mindon it. The TF leo is my favourite one for everyone really. I loved that.

I actually really like the one Suni wore for the AA. Save for the blue breastplate and the star-spangled qualifications monstrosity, the leos look far better in motion.

I hated the red leo on the photos but Simone wearing it for vault was stunning. Perfect on her. Totally changed my mindon it. The TF leo is my favourite one for everyone really. I loved that.
I loved the color of the red, but I still don't care for the design. However, it's dark enough that when it's actually on and moving you can't see as much of the design, which helps the leo overall

I think I might be the only person who liked the red Leo better in pictures than it was in person. Just way too many competing textures.

In the arena, I didn't mind the team finals or all-around leos. It's just the qualifications one that didn't work for me because the stars got lost in the sparkling crystals from arena lighting. The red one isn't bad on television., but I'm still not a fan of high-necked leos in general. It's personal taste probably because I myself would hate wearing one.

I loved the red color but it has too many things. The star design on the mesh was hard to see on tv so it looked weirdly mottled. Really most of the leotards need the “take off two accessories before leaving the house” treatment and then they’d be fine. And not just the US, globally they’re almost all just too much.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back