2023 Worlds WAG Podium Training (Thursday 09/28 Subs 1-3 & Friday 09/29 Subs 4-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think the only way she loses is if she falls. The YDP has so few built-in deductions that the 5.4 isn’t really a problem without a fall, especially compared to the gymnasts who will be doing a DTY as a second vault (which has lots of deduction potential).

She was also a good half point better on FX. If they were judging these sets (which they usually do), Skye would probably end up about 1 point above her overall.

Yeah, I think you’re right actually. Not sure where I got the 1.0 from!

Even with the downgrade to the full-in opening pass? I thought they both looked clean, while maybe Wong was a bit jumpy on her landings.

I think when they settle down either one could do AA and we won’t see an appreciable difference in a 4 event score total. It may come down to non- tangible factors.

The way Shilese and Simone are looking this year and in podium (from reports) the 3rd AA is just a back up for these two and will get 2 per’d should Shilese hit her 4.

Yeah, both of them were not great on floor. Wong seemed to have problems with her turns on the floor surface.

On another note, I hate that if Simone, Skye, and Shilese all hit their beam routines, one (most likely Skye or Shilese) will still have to miss beam finals.

What were the lineup orders for the US today, or were they just random?

Also this

Me neither. Perhaps the best thing about the departure of Marta is the return of the blue leotards. We’ve had some lovely shades in the past couple years.

What were the lineup orders for the US today, or were they just random?
What I’ve been able to piece together, the first 4 are the likely order, followed by the 5th gymnast, then Kayla. So…

UB: Leanne, Skye , Simone, Shilese (Joscelyn, Kayla)
BB: Leanne, Skye, Shi, Simone (Joscelyn, Kayla)
FX: Shi, Leanne, Joscelyn, Simone (Skye, Kayla)
VT: Leanne, Shi, Joscelyn, Simone (Skye, Kayla)

Looks like at the moment, Leanne is the 3rd AAer.

if anyone has links to Skye’s vault and floor would love to see them

Skye Blakely VT - PT 2023 World Championships

Skye Blakely FX - PT 2023 World Championships

Is it just me or does Jocelyn looked more stretched and like her muscle bunchiness is less. Her leaps look more stretched her back posture looks better to me too.

I thought this too. She also locks her handstands on bars through her shoulders much better now.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back