2023 Worlds WAG Podium Training (Thursday 09/28 Subs 1-3 & Friday 09/29 Subs 4-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wonder why Simone keeps going oob on the biles 1 on fx. Is she taking extra steps in her run? Under or over rotating because she doesn’t have the power dialed in? She used to land it a mile from the corner which is why a leap or punch layout added to it seemed possible.

I wasn’t sure how to say that without people thinking I was body shaming her. I’m obviously not the best when it comes to vocabulary.😉

So excited for the competition to start! Are there podium training videos of Zhou Yaqin anywhere? She was the wildcard pick for the Chinese team, I’ve been dying to see her balance beam. The other girls all did great in podium on Bars/Beam, their medal chances are looking very good.

I’m honestly surprised nobody’s done arabian step out before. It seems like an easier alternative to back 3/2 step out. I think Aly did a back 1/2 step out to double Arabian as a junior.

ETA: can’t find any video, but I swear I remember Aly or another Brestyan’s athlete competing that in the London quad.

Last edited:
Humphrey used to start her routine with arabian stepout through to 2.5 punch front in the 2000 COP. Once the 2001 COP kicked in, she changed to 1.5 through to 2.5 because they were worth the same.

Ha! I went today instead!
SAME!

Plus I had to close my pool this weekend as the last two weekends were insanely rainy here in New England. I was able to vacuum the pool today after MAG and got it all winterized with the chemicals. Plan tomorrow is to cover the pool in between subdivisions and then let it drain.

PRIORITIES!!

I go friday evenings on the way back from work so I don’t have to haul myself out of bed early on saturday or sunday.

Because… like I’m going to do that.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back