2023 US Classic Session 2 (Senior Women disussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

You don’t know that! If she can still get a 15.3ish, why not? LOL :-p

The only one who can come match that score on vault is Andrade — on her best day (with her Cheng, not the Amanar)
Simone wont have Laurent spotting at Worlds. No way,

I just realized that Chiles didn’t do floor. Was that always the plan?

Weird that Carey showed up to do a beam routine. I wonder who wanted that and why.

I don’t know, its almost a flex in and of itself. I can have a large, avoidable deduction and still win. Show your bra strap while you are at it, Simone!

I can’t agree, unless we are comparing Leanne’s floor to her injured state last year. The 2021 routine was getting 14+, and here she got just 13.5 with the added dismount bonus. It’s all the same skills too, but with just a back 1/2 into front full now, and her Popa was wonky. Bars and Beam are also the same composition as last year, but lot lower in execution compared to what she showed previously.

It’s great she got away from Gage but nothing in the routines have changed, they are worse versions of what she’s already been doing. With an NCAA coach I am worried there won’t be any further alterations, she needs a lot more to make the Olympics.

Yes. Her interview with Zora/Zola? goes a little bit into that.

Chiles didn’t do vault or floor.

Jade only did beam, Brian didn’t feel her bars were ready. I’ll trust him after the way he’s successfully managed her, turning her into a legit AAer, navigating injury in 2021, getting her back to elite last year…

Last edited:
  1. Simone Biles 59.10
    *Melanie De Jesus Dos Santos 56.200
  2. Leanne Wong 54.100
  3. Joscelyn Roberson 54.050
  4. Nola Matthews 53.550
  5. Katelyn Jong 53.450
  6. Zoe Miller 53.000
  7. Amelia Disidore 52.800
  8. Alicia Zhou 52.750
  9. Michelle Pineda 52.450
  10. Tiana Sumanasekera 52.100

Last edited:
I’m about a half hour behind, but terry moaning and grunting during someone’s floor routine is all of us 🤣👌. It’s so good to see her back. Just wow.

With the Cheng, Biles could hold of Andrade and Suni Lee, but it wouldn’t be a given.

But the Yurchenko Double Pike puts her back at a level that they used to call “insurmountable difficulty” when Yang Wei was the first to do it.

Add in the floor difficulty, even if she keeps it easier and I think she is back to being able to fall at least once (maybe twice) and still win.

Last edited:
If so many people were going to skip events they could have just had one women’s session. They fit the juniors all in one session and that had the same amount of gymnasts, but with more doing AA!

Then the men’s two sessions could have been this morning and afternoon, they wouldn’t have had to rent the arena for a second day, and they could have paid to send the men to China.

We saw like two routines from the entire 4th rotation.

Sorry — I meant in terms of what would happen if Biles fell once.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back