2023 US Classic Session 2 (Senior Women disussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’d like for Suni to focus on just being a bars and beamer (with a backup FTY vault) and get her health back to where it needs to be instead of pushing to be an AA gymnast when it just isn’t needed this year.

Also, I am glad someone degreased the bars and leveled the beam so we didn’t get quite as many falls as the juniors had.

Skye was 2nd on Bars, 3rd (tie) on Beam, and like 5th on VT. She is keeping up with the Bileses.

Sad that I don’t get to see the awards ceremony. CNBC switched to undercover boss as soon as the hour turned.

Last edited:
Katelyn Jong and Kaliya Lincoln were my pleasant surprises of the night.

Anyone know why Simone didn’t place on vault? Did she elect to have that event as exhibition only (didn’t even know that’s possible?)?

This moment brought to you by Prevagen. A memory moment. i’m going to buy some Prevagen.
IMG_7716

So happy to see Kaliya Lincoln back and healthy! She’s always been a favorite for me since seeing her dominate floor at ‘21 junior nationals. I love that she broke into the 8’s in execution even with sons of those landings.

Looking at some of the E scores on beam kinda pissed me off even more thinking about Roberson’s E score from the 1st session. It’s giving Aly Raisman vibes and I don’t enjoy that.

Team USA is deep. Based on Classics results here is a potential Worlds team featuring Simone and not Carey/Chiles/Lee/Wong/Douglas…granted if Suni had done UB she likely would move ahead of Blakely or Miller.
IMG_1450

Simone Biles - Uneven Bars

DV

E x 2 (piked Tkatchev, van Leeuwen), 1.0
D x 5 (Weiler kip 1/2, Maloney, Pak salto, toe-on full, full twisting double tuck), 2.0
C x 1 (giant full), 0.3

Total DV – 3.3

CV

D + D, both with turn or flight x 3 (Weiler kip 1/2 + Maloney, piked Tkatchev + Pak salto, toe-on full + full twisting double tuck dismount), 0.3
D + C, flight from low bar to high bar + C on high bar with turn or flight x 1 (Maloney + giant full), 0.2

Total CV – 0.5

Dismount Bonus

full twisting double tuck, (D) –> 0.2

CR

Flight element from high bar to low bar, (Pak salto)
Flight element with regrasp to same bar, (piked Tkatchev)
Different grips, (Weiler kip 1/2, Maloney)
Non-flight element with 360 degree turn, (giant full or toe-on full)

Total CR - 2.0

Total D – 3.3 + 0.5 + 0.2 + 2.0 = 6.0 / 6.0 credited by D panel

Possible Execution Deductions *(Denotes borderline / discretion in realtime / benefit of doubt due to angle, etc.)

glide kip
(insufficient extension), 0.1

Weiler kip 1/2
(angle of completion, between 11 and 30 degrees of handstand), 0.1

Maloney
(leg separation, greater than shoulder width), 0.3
(bent knees on backswing), 0.1

piked Tkatchev
(leg separation), 0.1
(flexed feet), 0.1

Pak salto
(flexed feet), 0.1