2023 US Classic (MAG discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Shane HB clean Cassina, Kolman, Tkachev variations (not connected), DDLO fairly piked to a hop forward. Score 14.15/8.65E

Last edited:
Phillips great Liukin but fall on Cassina (way far from the bar). 12.25/6.65E

Also earlier Donnell only vaulted Kas 1.5 to several steps back. 9.1E which seemed generous. He did a better vault in one-touch.

Last edited:
Donnell PB some form breaks, walking on pirouettes, and occasional shy of handstand but hit. 14.05/8.55E

Colt Walker with only a full twist on vault.

Taylor Burkhart Ro 1/2 on front 2/1, big step forward to the side. 14.255 with 0.255 bonus, 8.9E and neutral deduction.

Last edited:
Asher Hong Ri vault with big step to the side. E was 9.05 I think.

Juda mount I missed but he hit. Combo twisting pass went OOB with his big toe and a step on full-in. 13.95/8.55E with 0.1 ND

Khoi Young FHS 2.5 beautiful, 0.3 hop. 15.2 with 0.2 bonus, 9.4E

Juda great PH until going sideways on his dismount, actually standing atop the ponmel. Score in the high 12s.

Blake Sun had a nice PB of what I watched, as did J.R. Chou. 15.194 for Sun and 15.05 for Chou.

Mike Fletcher HB Cassina and Kolman good but disaster from then on: no catch on straight tkachev, missed stoop element and hands down on dismount. 10.7

Last edited:
Only caught the end of Asher PB but hit, 14.3 (8.3E)

Yul fall on flairs, 12.25/6.85E

One of Don Don’s better HB. Good opening tak 1/2 right to HS, Liukin with big leg sep, tak full messy but not a disaster and good dismount. 13.25/7.65E

Khoi Young first problem of the day, dicey 1.5 pirouette to stop, then sits on bar following connected healy. The rest fine, 12.8/7.5E

Last edited:
Session 2 is being pushed back an hour since this is still going. 6:45 ET now.

delay

Last edited:
Juda SR hit and stuck dismount with 500 arm swings that his coach later imitated. 13.5/8.3

Nediroscik PH clean, very piked on one of his circles, tight form, dismount slow to HS with only a quarter pirouette to land.

Walker HB clean from where I caught the routine, good Tkachev combo and upright, controlled DDLO with small hop. Apparently a problem early: 12.5/6.9

Last edited:
Hong hit HB, a bit flat on Tak skills. DDLO to small hop. 13.45/7.85

Wiskus hit PH. 13.4/8.0

Nedoroscik score delay but finally flashed over 15.1

Last edited:
Ian Gunther nice HB with a Xiao Ruizhi/counter Kim, multiple Tkachevs and stuck FTDLO but slack knees. 13.2/8.1E

Khoi Young weak full pirouette, tkachevs barely clear the bar (toes look like they brushed on the straight variation), and ok dismount. 12.8/7.8

Brandon Briones Cassina, Kolmann, connected Tkachevs, flat on Tak full, a bit better on Tak 1/2, FTDLO chest down to hop. 14.062 (7.55E, 0.412 bonus)

Last edited:
Most of the big guys are in the first session.

This is like the neverending gym meet.

Oklahoma is in the second session, so of course I’m gonna watch it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back