2020 Event Finals Day 3 MAG PB/HB WAG BB (Tuesday, August 3, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doesn’t at least Latynina have more Olympic medals? I think Comaneci too.

I think Biles ties Miller for most medals for an American (gymnast).

Last edited:
RankAthleteScore
1GUAN Chenchen14.633
2TANG Xijing14.233
3BILES Simone14
4BLACK Elsabeth13.866
5LEE Sunisa13.866
6ASHIKAWA Urara13.733
7SARAIVA Flavia13.133
8URAZOVA Vladislava12.733

Last edited:
While I still think SImone’s E score was too low, even adding the .4 back, SHe would won silver… either way I am so happy she ended on a much better note!

Last edited:
I thought Simone and Tang were underscored on E. Like, they were rocks. Guan had shuffles and checks. It should have been closer. (Says the non-judge. Ill be interested in seeing the gymnaverse judging take on it.)

(I know balance checks aren’t the only deductions and Simone probably had body shape or split deductions, but Tang shouldn’t have)

Last edited:
I feel kind of bad for Black missing the first medal for Canada by a little over a tenth. That must suck. (On the other hand, I don’t think her score should have been as close to the top 3 as it was).

Last edited:
Funny, I didn’t think guan was much wobblier than Tang. Simone looks low to me because she was very definite in the movements so I thought for sure she’d be making up 0.1s for pauses that she’d normally get.

Guan’s amplitude in the tumbling is probably what set her apart; everyone else should be getting 0.1s all over the place or more compared to her

Last edited:
Well, that has to be one of the shortest podiums ever…
Average height, what, 4’7"?

(Aw…I was looking up Chenchen’s height and her FIG bio lists Simone as her hero/idol…cute!)

Last edited:
In terms of athlete height? Yeah, I don’t think anybody is even 5’0 there.

Last edited:
I’m betting all these gymnasts have their bags packed and are ready to go home tout suite to get to their families.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back