US Nationals WAG Day 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, it was alluded to by Tim on the broadcast.
Stated that she has an upgrade to the Tsuk but she cannot compete that PLUS the DTY to be eligible for vault finals. So if she plans on a DTT, she will have to do the Amanar as her first vault. Although, maybe she plans on a Tsuk 3/2 and DTY.

There’s no break for Morgan. She’s on the Simone tour!!

Right.
Which might not be the best thing for her at the moment! (Unless she is doing basic watered down sets)

🤔

I think she also did one in one of her at-home-gym training videos that was also totally vertical. So impressive and I wish she had managed to do it in the competition.

Mine too. 😭😭😭💔💔💔

Damn pandemic. It ruined Morgan’s chances. I’ll be watching Trials with a heavy heart and little to no enjoyment. 😒👎

There really is no harm in letting her go to Trials. I’m sure Karis German and Aliah Finnegan would understand…

Morgan has had SIX surgeries on one elbow. I hate to see things end for her this way, but, girl, go home. Rest. Get ready for college. Pray you can compete one year of NCAA before your elbow explodes again and Florida medically retires you.

So what about Faith Torrez though?
She ended up missing out on Nationals. Did she petition to Trials?
USAG announced 18 to Trials, but maybe they will still name others after petitions?

I mean, it’s gotten a bit stupid if we are talking about Faith Torrez petitioning to Trials, tbh.

Rubbish on ‘karma’. :roll_eyes: Morgan and Simone have both grown up and seem on good terms. I think those who choose to be vindictive and hang on to past mistakes by others should let it go and grow up too.

I feel Skinner has grown up a lot too, which is why I won’t be upset if she pulls off a miracle at Trials and gets one of the Olympic spots. At minimum for her vaults, which are legit.

Last edited:
I think it’s still too early to entertain Skinner for main team. With the exception of vault and 1 floor routine, she’s delivered garbage on every piece all season, and you don’t take her for 4-4/3-3 unless she’s way high in the AA. She isn’t, and Forster only wants her for VT/AA backup in the event that all his faves get decimated.

Skinner +1 isn’t too outrageous under certain circumstances, but I don’t see that as probable, either. At least McCallum and Wong can put up some wildcard beam EF sets, and McCallum always seems to scam her way onto teams despite mistakes.

For all the drama and injuries, USAG is getting almost everything they could have asked for right now, except for those fantasy Chengs and mega UB routines that were likely never materializing. Biles is hitting AA, and Lee is alive and squarely placing top 2 AA. They have a newfound rock in Chiles and McCusker is hitting bars. If McCusker hits bars again and Lee survives Trials, they can let AA/BB decide the final spot.

I wouldn’t say sack McCusker from main team consideration even if she hits 8/8 at Trials. The window is wide open for the fourth spot, and Biles, Lee, Chiles, and McCusker is probably Forster’s “dream team” right now. But I would be worried about her and Lee’s health if they’re on the same team, and last night, Tim made it sound like her injury was worse than just an ankle tweak and like a run for the main team isn’t in the cards.

If McCusker is a +1, I’d bet on McCallum and then Wong or DiCello for the last team spot.

Last edited:
IF Chiles is Amanaring at Trials and follows up with a DTT, Skinner is further redundant to the team.

Also, I don’t understand the rationale for Skinner for one vault. It is not like the US team isn’t going to be 2 points ahead of everyone else. I get the need to replace Suni’s DTY in team finals, but Chiles is potentially the best or second best DTY in the World.

I would much rather have a secure beam worker because we know how dicey that event can get. Chiles has looked good on this event but I would like to see how she fares on this event at a major event like the Olympics.

I guess it might all be for nothing because of McCallum or Wong finish 3rd or 4th at Trials then we know what will happen.

I also hope that Chiles can continue and hit 8 for 8 at Trials.

I can’t even see her making NCAA at all. She looked completely done.

You can see the sadness in her eyes.

I don’t know why it doesn’t show the picture, but it seems they either did deny Morgan’s petition or she decided not to try for Trials.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back