US Nationals WAG Day 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’ll shoot you a DM with the file - the scores aren’t actually displayed on the site, I put on my coding hat to get at these.

Is filesharing allowed here? I can post the link (it’s just Drive) but I wasn’t really sure if that’s cool.

that stinks while understandable and justified… she is a 2x world champ, 2x silver world medalist and bronze medalist… I just don’t see the harm in letting her go… I do hope she goes to worlds

Just as long is it is not copyrighted or illegal.

I don’t ‘blame’ Morgan for mistakes she made, while trying to battle back from two recent surgeries. It took GUTS and true grit to even try! 😡 The Olympics was her childhood dream, and I’m proud of her for battling through. USA Gym’s loss imo for not having her at Trials. I’m not going to bother watching, NBC’s coverage is garbage. I’ll wait for the YouTube videos.

Last edited:
Yes it was. She wished everyone who is going to Trials good luck on her Twitter account.

It really doesn’t matter who the US chooses as their number 4 it could be anyone in the top 10 to be honest the end result will be the same. I guess Tom is trying to be nice or they need it for airtime purposes but taking 18 to Trials is overkill. I’m not a fan of Skinner but she improved by a point over those 2 days. By Trials I expect her to be in form and I expect some of the others to crack under the pressure especially the Gage gymnasts. It would not shock me if she landed in the top 5. I’m also curious to see how Chiles will perform Suni wouldn’t have much room for errors during QF in Tokyo especially if Chiles has her vaulting in order.

Her friend Heath Thorpe confirmed on Twitter that Morgan’s petition was denied.

Adding gymnasts to the Olympic Trials that really have no chance at the Olympic Team is nothing new.
In 2008 Larson, Davis and Caquatto realistically had no chance at the team, even though Larson was being talked up by Tim and Elfi quite a bit. However, their inclusion at the trials was about experience, and the four of them factored into the next quad, specifically in 2010 when all 3 made the World team.

While the won’t factor into the Olympic team selection, Zoe Miller, Addison Fatta, Ava Siegfeldt, and Amari Drayton all could potentially represent the US internationally. Especially when the US will lose almost its entire national team to retirement/NCAA.

*** Simone Biles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre**
  • Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
    *** Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz./Arizona Sunrays**
    *** Jordan Chiles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre**
  • Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill’s Gymnastics
  • Amari Drayton, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
    *** Kara Eaker, Grain Valley, Mo./Great American Gymnastics Express**
  • Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
    *** Shilese Jones, Westerville, Ohio/Future Gymnastics Academy**
    *** Emily Lee, Los Gatos, Calif./West Valley Gymnastics School**
    *** Sunisa Lee, St. Paul, Minn./Midwest Gymnastics Center**
    *** Emma Malabuyo, Flower Mound, Texas/Texas Dreams**
    *** Grace McCallum, Isanti, Minn./Twin City Twisters**
    *** Riley McCusker, Brielle, N.J./Arizona Sunrays**
  • Zoe Miller, Spring, Texas, World Champions Centre
  • Ava Siegfeldt, Williamsburg, Va./World Class Gymnastics
    *** MyKayla Skinner, Gilbert, Ariz./Desert Lights Gymnastics**
    *** Leanne Wong, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express**
    It’s looking like only 6 out of the 18 could potentially continue elite following the Olympics.

Last edited:
Adding gymnasts to the Olympic Trials that really have no chance at the Olympic Team is nothing new.
In 2008 Larson, Davis and Caquatto realistically had no chance at the team, even though Larson was being talked up by Tim and Elfi quite a bit. However, their inclusion at the trials was about experience, and the four of them factored into the next quad, specifically in 2010 when all 3 made the World team.

While the won’t factor into the Olympic team selection, Zoe Miller, Addison Fatta, Ava Siegfeldt, and Amari Drayton all could potentially represent the US internationally.
exactly. OlympicTrials is actually about more than the Olympics

Yes.
Also due to Covid the 5 member team will be announced (4 and +1) but each of these athletes need an alternate in case of Covid related issues. So a non-traveling replacement team of 5 will be named.

So 5 Olympians + 5 Replacements + Carey= 11
Meaning 7 of the 18 will not get named. USAG just wanted options.

That is what I heard anyway!

Alternates are unranked as they would be matched with whom they would replace.

I am HERE for the Skinner upset. Of anyone in contention, I’d put my money on Skinner to have the biggest upward trajectory due to sheer grit and dumb luck, unless McCallum squeezes about 6 months of healing into 3 weeks, and finally debuts her perennial “snuck-my-way-unto-the-team-with-underwhelming-gymnastics” namesake.

Wouldn’t hate Skinner on the team tbh. Her Cheng looks really great, and imo should be scoring higher than some of these DTYs by a good margin. She needs to figure out floor asap. I would be surprised if we didn’t see some composition changes from her, but then again, self-interested strategic choices appear to be her nemesis. For all the talk of needing a solid beam score, I freaking hate Grace’s beam skill selection.

Wong just needs to keep it together though, and then it’s hers. But… who would bet on that??

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back