US National 2022 Senior WAG Day 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Which is astounding when you consider that Andrea would be very well aware the US had just lost to a team who were cheating!
I was surprised that the trio and Andrea didn’t go into the suspected age issue. Given that they had alluded to Chinese looking younger than their stated age in previous years. Then again in 2008 they didn’t get a confirmation of cheating until 2010 when Dong Fangxiao was caught.

Bela did make a big stink about it, and there was evidence of China pulling He Kexin’s records offline that referred to her actual 1994 DOB.

Last edited:
That’s excellent form not artistry. If Jong had her form and maintained everything else about her floor exercise presentation, she would still not be artistic.
They both have no expression
No connection to the music
Just going through the motions
Though she’s not as bad a Jong. I’m not saying that.

I assumed at the time that it was an editorial decision. The various broadcasting teams would all have been well aware that there were at minimum rumours by the time the Games started.

I assumed at the time that it was an editorial decision. The various broadcasting teams would all have been well aware that there were at minimum rumours by the time the Games started.
Too bad Marta was not social media or technology savvy.
They could have had further information stored or saved if only they were watching the competition.

Then again He Kexin appeared out of nowhere in 2008, which USAG nor anyone else was expecting.

That’s excellent form not artistry. If Jong had her form and maintained everything else about her floor exercise presentation, she would still not be artistic.
They both have no expression
No connection to the music
Agreed. Konnor’s got excellent form and tbh I think she has a stronger foundation in dance technique than the average elite, but she struggles on the performance side. She has improved since her junior days, to give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately I’m not sure how much more she’s likely to improve at WOGA - as a gym they tend to phone it in when it comes to the artistry side of floor.

13.750 (5.4D, 8.35E) to 13.950 (5.6D, 8.35E)
Hmm. I wonder what the 2 tenths were. L Hop 1/1 and Switch Side Half?

Maybe they forgot to add dismount bonus?

Last edited:
Artistry deductions does not mean she is artistic. She is not.
At all
Not
Dead expression
Just going through the motions
Doesn’t emote at all
Looks like she couldn’t give two *****/cents
She can’t even fake it
Again, picture Jong doing floor with her form
Not artistic
That’s like calling Jade artistic last quad

I don’t get the harping on Chiles. Her feet are pointed when they leave the beam, she has sufficient work in relevé, she has variation of rhythm – there could be music for her beam routine and I’d buy it-- and extension throughout the body. Her shoulders are dropped and back. The only thing you could ding her on is her swayback. She’s easily one of the most stylish US gymnasts right now.

I guess a lot of it is personal preference. For example, I much preferred Urazova over Melnikova. But the international judges LOVE Melnikova.

Although I don’t think the same can be said of Chiles’ gymnastics to be honest. Simone also has swayback and the international judges have not dinged that.

They could have had further information stored or saved if only they were watching the competition.

Then again He Kexin appeared out of nowhere in 2008, which USAG nor anyone else was expecting
I’m sure I remember knowledgable China fans on wwgym in 2007 saying He Kexin will be great on bars but unfortunately isn’t old enough for Beijing.
In the words of Shawn Johnson, “they picked the girl with the pretty leaps”.
Oh Shawn 😆

It’s obvious she was 14. They know. We know.

For all we know, her offices birth date got changed so that she can never make the mistake of “accidentally” using her real DOB on future docs.

I take it back. This was the biggest over score of the night.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back