US National 2022 Senior WAG Day 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I like that she looks like she’s having fun and throws difficult gymnastics. It doesn’t have any bearing on my armchair judging though!

She is also one of those gymnasts that posted videos when she was young, throwing hard skills. They tend to gain a following. I’m sure there are videos like “8 year old does double back on floor!” and “6 year old does layout step-out on high beam!” out there.

I think 5.0 is relatively kind, but I do like your point Doug that it’s okay to just throw hard skills and have fun doing it. Hard to fault her for that when I spend half my time complaining that routines have become so cookie cutter none of these girls will leave any sort of legacy.

I suppose it’s all about what you want to get out of your experience as an elite gymnast. I wonder if she will want more than fun, if she sees herself on World or Olympic teams.

I agree. We tend to think in terms of score optimisation, I’m as guilty of that as anyone, but that isn’t necessarily the only thing that matters. The training in this sport is incredibly hard, maybe sometimes people need to do what they need to do to keep motivated and interested. Who knows? As a board we touched on that when we discussed Lisa Spini’s remarks about and management of Mykayla, and I think it’s some up wrt Simone before as well. It intuitively makes more sense to me when it’s veterans who might struggle with motivation, but actually why should it be?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back