Simone is out of the AA, VT, UB and FX

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ugh. Dan Baker and his wife were Natasha Kelley’s coaches. I remember a public ugliness by him when she didn’t do a skill. Around 2009? 2006? She was injured a lot and retired in the midst of her NCAA career at OU. There was talk that they were verbally abusive.

Last edited:
Or until he learns to talk to the press without sounding like an utter ass. So, a long time in time out in his future.

I know I already complained about this, but rewatching this just underlines that the Code is not up to the job. The tools are too broad to compare gymnasts who are this good and actually hitting.

No the rosters were already in so that was that. If Biles couldn’t go out at all it was the 3 ladies on their own. As it ended up being anyway.

Simone has confirmed it’s the twisties.

Last edited:
I know she worked with a sports psychologist for the last Olympics. Was she still working with one? I would think the team travels with one. If not, they should from now on. Also can we talk about the team doctor, Marcy Faustin. She feels like an unsung hero.

How healthy is it for her to be the one reading all the nasty comments and having to post to defend herself? Why can’t anyone else do their fucking job and shield her from all this?

I cannot see how being forced to continue to dissect all of her failures in real time is going to help her mental state.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back