2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 2 (CHN MG 2 GER/Nemour USA ITA) Sunday July 28 5:40 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I hope it's just a bad stinger for Simone's ankle. I feel like the way she was acting and limping looked more like a sore ankle than achilles pain. Hopefully with a cortisone shot and an ice bath, she'll be ok

If the competition ended right here we’d have two Americans, two Chinese, two Romanians, and two Italians in the BB final. If you squint real hard and pretend the Italian flags are Russian flags, it’s just like old times!

I’m looking forward to watching handball tomorrow. Caring so much makes this really stressful.

So this is where I think the age of the athletes is a good thing. If she was a 15/16 year old Hezly, I'd be like, they had better be managing that to the best outcome of the athlete even if that means pulling her, but since Simone is an adult and a professional, if she wants to play through the pain, go for it (but also, this is a marathon, not a sprint and we know that Simone knows that).

Simone looks like an Achilles issue to me. Hopefully some treatment can keep her healthy thru the games. All the US girls to me look tired. I hope they can get some rest and adrenaline before finals. I hate watching the Olympics when no one looks sharp, crisp, or confident.

Simone looks like an Achilles issue to me. Hopefully some treatment can keep her healthy thru the games. All the US girls to me look tired. I hope they can get some rest and adrenaline before finals. I hate watching the Olympics when no one looks sharp, crisp, or confident.
Cecile already said it was a calf flare up.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back