2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 2 (CHN MG 2 GER/Nemour USA ITA) Sunday July 28 5:40 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think she will
Yeah, FX has been a bit of a dead zone competitively the last quad. Without Shi and not having seen an FX from Rebeca (have we?), other than Flavia, I don't know who else I would think would make the top 8.

They really should end the 2 per country rule.
My compromise solution is that top 5 make it no matter what, after that 2-per. And increase EF to 10.

ETA: I didn't hate laurie (but then I never did) and she didn't talk all that much. If they won't bring KJC back for this, I'd rather have Laurie than some of the others we've heard lately.

I'm interested to see what they do for TF lineups. Hezly didn't earn a spot, but do they have her go on UB anyways? Also what will they do with FX?

BB and VT lineups seem obvious.
I think UB may be up to how Simone feels - if she wants a break and doesn’t want to do AA in finals then resting her on UB for Hezley could be a thing. Also probably dependent on how Hezley trains tomorrow.

FX is harder if Jade today was just a weird fluke.

I have no idea how bars is scored anymore because I thought Jordan Chiles did a REALLY good set except the dismount.

8.266 seems low for that.

Biles 8.233 also seemed a little low...

Jade's stumble may open the door for Jordan to win a floor medal. Tough situation for Jade, but good opportunity for Jordan.

I switched back to the US only feed to watch the routines the international feed didn’t show until the next subdivision starts. I may have to put it on mute.

The TF floor lineup seems the most difficult call to make. I expect beam to be shaky no matter how they call that lineup.

Did the international feed show Nemour on UB
I don't know, but the multi-view feed did (and you can click to access the bars-only video).

Honestly, it was her normal set except maybe the half-twist in the release before the Yezhova was a little more complete?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back