2024 US Nationals WAG Day 2 Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Will Kayla's, Jade's, and Jordan's falls count against their consistency? I feel like there is a huge double standard going on. I know what you all mean, Skye messing up at both Worlds. But she is hardly the only gymnast with consistency issues. She finished ahead of Kayla by 3 points and just went 4 for 4 on each day of competition here.
Skye might be equally inconsistent as some of the others. But the trade off is higher potential scores

Will Kayla's, Jade's, and Jordan's falls count against their consistency? I feel like there is a huge double standard going on. I know what you all mean, Skye messing up at both Worlds. But she is hardly the only gymnast with consistency issues. She finished ahead of Kayla by 3 points and just went 4 for 4 on each day of competition here.
It probably depends on what they are being taken for. Jade falling on UB or BB, well who cares? Jordan and Kayla, wanting to be AA...yeah, probably. Skye has done a good job here but she usually does well domestically, it is internationally that she has had some past struggles. But with her vault upgrade, she can now afford it.

Senior National Team

Seniors.png

It probably depends on what they are being taken for. Jade falling on UB or BB, well who cares? Jordan and Kayla, wanting to be AA...yeah, probably. Skye has done a good job here but she usually does well domestically, it is internationally that she has had some past struggles. But with her vault upgrade, she can now afford it.
Yeah, it's not as big of a deal with Jade.

I know people say take Gymcastic with a grain of salt, but Jessica recently mentioned Chellsie saying that if they were to take a gymnast for just 2 events they would have to be top 2 on each event.

I know people say take Gymcastic with a grain of salt, but Jessica recently mentioned Chellsie saying that if they were to take a gymnast for just 2 events they would have to be top 2 on each event.
I think that means taking someone who literally does 2 events, rather than someone with an AA program who would only be used on 2 events

I am going to interpret that as "being able to only do 2 events" because all 5 don't go up on everything so it doesn't matter how good your fifth gymnast is on BB as an example.
jinx with @MaryClare

WCC really starting to work for Tiana, Joscelyn and Dulcy. They’ve all finally improved this year. Hopefully they can do the same with Esponda next year
But who will be coaching WCC? For some reason I was thinking Laurent was going to join Cecile at UGA at some point?

Okay, so I missed the whole damn meet. 6:58 pm, just as Peacock is about to start, LittleBirdie, who has been sick but fever seemingly broke earlier today, says "I feel hot am my tummy hurts" pointing to his right side. Cue panic.

So, fun filled trip to urgent care after confirming it was not low enough to be his appendix. Still no idea what is wrong (day 8 of this damn fever), but once again ruled out strep, flu, COVID, mono, bronchitis, and pneumonia. Just getting home and seeing scores, and all of y'all's post. Seems like I missed all the fun.

Last edited:
But who will be coaching WCC? For some reason I was thinking Laurent was going to join Cecile at UGA at some point?
That’s a good point. When it was announced, Laurent was staying at WCC until Juliette graduates, but that’s June 2025 so presumably he’d leave after nationals but that’s still a full year , with no major competitions. So quite a lot of time in terms of a gymnasts development

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back