2024 US Nationals WAG day 2 session 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was under the same impression about Tatiana as far as actively coaching, but she's still involved at Capital in some capacity according to a coach I know at a nearby gym.

Charleigh Bullock has lots of potential, but whoever is coaching her has no idea how to coach her body type
There was an American gymnast from the early '00s who was similarly long-legged and I can't remember who it was. But yeah, Bullock has the combo of the waif thinness with long legs and short torso.

So it’s been years since I’ve really sat and watched an entire junior competition. Is this close to the “normal” level for a junior nationals? I only ask because most if not all wouldn’t be too competitive with the top group of seniors. Is there a new pacing philosophy? Weakness in Tops? Tom Baker effect?

I’m sort of shocked there’s only two double yurchenkos on vault and since it’s Claire’s, most of you don’t expect her to land it more than half the time.

Just trying to understand.

Norah Christian had .9 in neutral deductions for all of the out of bounds.

Pease had a great double full, much better from yesterday. She’s doing solid, but very Wogabot.

Tyler killing me with her yurchenko full fall! She was trying too hard to stick it again I suppose.

Harlow B is my favorite junior this year I think, followed by Tressel and Laci Crain. Really liked Jaysha’s bars.

So it’s been years since I’ve really sat and watched an entire junior competition. Is this close to the “normal” level for a junior nationals? I only ask because most if not all wouldn’t be too competitive with the top group of seniors. Is there a new pacing philosophy? Weakness in Tops? Tom Baker effect?

I’m sort of shocked there’s only two double yurchenkos on vault and since it’s Claire’s, most of you don’t expect her to land it more than half the time.

No, it is not. At 2012 junior nationals, it was Lexie Priessman, Simone Biles and Maddie Desch. None would have looked out of place at Olympic trials. Simone and Lexie competed Amanars. Likewise in 2016 you had O’Keeffe, McCusker and Perea. Confident performers with senior level difficulty.

Your post was almost word for word what my friend and I were saying while watching the juniors.
Glad we didn't pay for these tickets and got them complimentary or would be upset. All three of us are sitting here bored.

I feel like it's been this way for a few years now. It's why I don't need to go out of my way to watch juniors anymore.

I wish we knew what the scores or rankings are needed to qualify for national team. It’s what makes the last rotation so exciting.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back