2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I liked Romania's and I thought Japan's looked beautiful in motion, but it doesn't really come across in still pictures.

Mexico is weird but GB is weird in the other direction--one is not sporty enough, one is too sporty.

I'm happy to see so much use of national colors, though! I just couldn't stand all of the pink and purple leotards from the mid-2000's.

I was afraid that the Barbie movie would inspire more pink leotards.

I liked the fireworks USA leo, it looked like actual fireworks going off in action.

Arena fashion: I like how the big screen that has the flags on it when they enter the arena is kind of hidden behind the entryway arch thing. I hate the trend of the gigantic screen taking up an entire wall of the arena at Worlds. I just noticed this swimming arena on primetime has the screen hidden the exact same way as the gymnastics arena.

Photos vary so much depending on angles, lighting, camera quality, etc. Just for a comparison here are several pics of the USA prelim leo:
2024-paris-ile-de-france-86289553-2.jpg

simone-biles-smiling-olympics.jpg

Add-a-heading-2-1-1024x576.png

Team Finals Leos:
USA
GTwXds_XUAAF4lk.jpeg

Italy
GTwZOPdXUAAR4lk.jpeg

Brazil
rebeca-andrade-team-brazil-.jpg

Great Britain
453383288_1460926871270493_5134821572405922308_n.jpg

Canada
Canada.jpg

China
gettyimages-2164468840-2048x2048.jpg

Romania
gettyimages-2164428771-2048x2048.jpg

Japan
photo_l.jpg

I liked the raglan look of GB but that side mesh is a no from me.

Yes, the GB Leo would be superior if the side mess was either the same as the rest of the body or the navy blue of the trim.

I like the chinese one a lot except for the white on the sleeves. It looks nicer pushed up like in that picture. Romania's is the definition of a car crash of ideas. It doesn't have the ruffled collar, true, but it is still too circus-like for me.

I like the chinese one a lot except for the white on the sleeves. It looks nicer pushed up like in that picture. Romania's is the definition of a car crash of ideas. It doesn't have the ruffled collar, true, but it is still too circus-like for me.
The color blocking on it was... a choice

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back