Women’s Team Final

2024 Olympic WAG Team Final (Tuesday: July 30, 2024) 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

If anyone has access to the start list, please post it. I have not found it.

Can't find official start list. Per USAG FB, Carey only doing vault, and Rivera is benched.
1722278897220.png

Likely D'Amato, Esposito do AA. Andeoli all but bars, Iorio bars, Villa benched.

The start lists must be out as the gymnasts are all listed by rotation on the paris2024 app. I can’t find it though.

However, for Italy:
VT: Esposito, D’Amato, Andreoli
UB: Villa, D’Amato, Iorio
BB: Esposito, D’Amato, Andreoli
FX: Esposito, D’Amato, Andreoli

It wouldn’t be an Olympics without a last minute loss for Italy, I guess.
I'm just grateful they haven't done it mid routine.

Interesting that GB are going with GMF over Martin on vault again. They did that at Euros, and GMF scored higher in qualifying, but Martin was pretty shit up after running with the vault. I had wondered if they'd choose her for the DTY instead.

They must’ve just updated the website fairly recently because it wasn’t there until recently

I'm just grateful they haven't done it mid routine.

Interesting that GB are going with GMF over Martin on vault again. They did that at Euros, and GMF scored higher in qualifying, but Martin was pretty shit up after running with the vault. I had wondered if they'd choose her for the DTY instead.
GMF outscored her DTY here and at Euros tbf.
I am. concerned GB used up their beam hit rotation already though, but not being expected to medal may take some pressure off them.

Some interesting line up choices from China
I think they're being very cautious with OYS. She has an unfortunate history of mid-competition injuries. At last year's Worlds, she couldn't vault in TF, and she had to withdraw from AA finals. Putting her on just one event might minimize the risk of similar misfortunes.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back