2024 Olympic Games: Event Final Day 3: Monday, Aug 5 (5:40 am EST) FLOOR INQUIRY REMOVED TO AG FX THREAD

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don’t know if I can watch. It’s two hours earlier than East Coast.

I would be ok with Simone winning BB but I would love if she won silver because she has won either gold or bronze in every beam final she has been in(and it's been 8 finals!!!!). Silver is the only color she doesn't have on beam

She’ll know. There will be a disturbance in the force
My yoga instructor always encourages us to set an affirmation for the day. Mine is usually "equanimity," but I don't think that will be enough tomorrow.

While I would love for Simone and Suni to add to their medal haul, it would be nice to have the beam podium be made up of gymnasts who haven’t won anything yet. I want as many people to leave Paris with a medal as possible.
I still want Simone on both podiums. Gold in FX. Any of the 3 in BB

I still want Simone on both podiums. Gold in FX. Any of the 3 in BB
I know a lot of people think Simone's BB is a snoozer but really, does anyone have an amazing and creative set? The Chinese have beautiful execution but their beams are usually a leap paint-by-numbers too. So, whoever is cleanest is good enough for me. Since I can't have Ellie Black, BB OGM. ;-)

I mean, we are going to see cool things.

I really want to see Suni nail her full beam set once this Olympics. I realize that good sense says to skip the layout mount, especially since she is up so early. I did really love that Classics routine, though.

I also hope Alice D’Amato doesn’t pick up additional trauma tomorrow. .133 out of bronze in the AA and .066 in UB is both amazing and excruciating. I didn’t expect to feel sad for her after Italy won their team silver, but she’s totally getting Produnova’d this Olympics.

I'm in California, I'm going to wake up at 3:30 am for balance beam finals. Good thing is that the finals don't really interfere with work, bad thing is that they do interfere with my sleep.

I'm in California, I'm going to wake up at 3:30 am for balance beam finals. Good thing is that the finals don't really interfere with work, bad thing is that they do interfere with my sleep.
I'm in CA too. Luckily I don't officially start work again until the 19th so I have been able to watch things live...but I am definitely tired.

I know a lot of people think Simone's BB is a snoozer but really, does anyone have an amazing and creative set? The Chinese have beautiful execution but their beams are usually a leap paint-by-numbers too. So, whoever is cleanest is good enough for me. Since I can't have Ellie Black, BB OGM. ;-)
Suni or zqy are much nicer beam routines come on. Everybody has to paint a little by numbers cause it's 8 elements, but both these athletes (heck even voinea) are taking risks beyond paint by numbers

Yes. I love the bones off Simone's dismount, but it would be a bit of a shame if she wins beam because there's better. Obviously floor will be a coronation, and deservedly so.

Tomorrow is Little QC's birthday celebration. I think I can get through beam before we go to the zoo, but it will be distracted watching and high bar and floor will have to wait.

I told him and told him he needed to be born in July, but he just didn't listen.
Solidarity. I had the identical problem the other day! This is the problem with spawning during the Olympics. You feel really clever when you manage to time it so you don't miss anything, but you forget that the dates of the Olympics move.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back