2020 Event Finals Day 2 MAG SR/VT WAG FX (Monday, August 2, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I haaaaaate the tiebreakers. You earn the same score? You should get the same medal. It doesn’t sit well with me that a bronze-medal score has to go home empty handed. They work their entire lives for this.

It’s fucking absurd. Execution first! Except if you go oob or on vt, then actually f*ck execution and let’s go

I have to wonder what Ferrari was thinking when the bronze tie was left unbroken.

I hate tiebreakers somewhat less than I hate the number of ties that happen in the first place, which reeeeally frosts my cookies. The actual gymnastics is not the same for most of them.

Just watched the replay of floor finals, so happy. Jade got her medal and it’s gold! I would have been happy with her or Ferrari though, they both really hit.

Also cool to see a tie not broken and a medal for Mai!

Such a better day than yesterday when I was so heartbroken for Jade and Suni not hitting (even though Suni lucked into a medal).

I would have gone
1- Ferrari
2- Carey
3- Jess Gad

In the end Ferrari’s D score was not enough considering Jade drilled most of her landings, but my goodness Carey’s has to be the worst floor routine in the history of Olympic champions.
Flat, lifeless, boring. Really hope something is changed on floor for the next quad. If I want to watch tumbling, there is a separate sport for that.

I think my biggest problem with jade is the tumbling is big, but it isn’t particularly pretty. Simone or andrade do very difficult things, but they still look very good. Then again, they can’t land, so maybe you just get 2 out of the three (difficulty- form- landing)

Last edited:
I personally do not like ballet. I especially do not like “balletic” floor routines. People went ga ga over Lilia Podkopayeva‘a routine. I had no love for it;’no love at all.
I didn’t like any of the Russian routines although I did like the ending sequence in one of them. Of all in the finals, Ferrari’s was my favorite but I didn’t love it.
I like artistic routines. Moore’s and the Dutch come to mind in regards to floor routines in the last 2 quads.

How do you show the quoted post?

Also, that chuso was downgrade worthy, i don’t care if she was slapping her thighs all throughout. The gadirovas have wonderful potential on floor, here’s hoping they get to fully unfold it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back