2020 Event Finals Day 2 MAG SR/VT WAG FX (Monday, August 2, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

In better news, Saraiva seems good to go. Landed her dismount fine.

Why is the thread closed? Is it to protect us from the inevitable heart-breaking experience that is going to be this bb ef?

It has only just occurred to me that the hardest front tumbling we saw in the floor final was a front full. Only two gymnasts attempted back twisting single layouts, and the only back twisting above a 2.5 had a fall.

It’s all been about the double backs for a long time but that’s still pretty bad.

This is a really good point. Routines with double pikes and double tucks have bugged me for a long time but Carey’s Moors and Chuso has the same repetition issue.

What was the hardest front tumbling in Tokyo? Moors did a Pod, Chiles did a DTF-FTF (both straight)……?

Reactions: L_R
I agree. I wish that the hardest front salto had to count in the exercise (hardest in each element group). In men’s gymnastics, there’s a wonderful variety of elements now after they raised the value of some double front saltos. They lowered them again starting next year, though so we’ll be back to twist twist twist twist I expect.

I loved seeing double front pikes and the half outs. Men’s tumbling on floor was a highlight. Sad that it’s going.

I thought they’d reduced/eliminated? CV for multiple twisting single somie combinations (cue why Shirai retired jokes). That should prevent a complete return.

They did, but there are still guys doing extra passes to fill out their D-scores, such as 1.5 + front full or even 1.5 + front full + rudi. And MAAAAANY side passes of double fulls, as if that accomplishes anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRR
I love that more guys are doing more big front tumbling. But I also miss some of the really unique 18 skill twisting combos like Hypolito used to do, I thought those added a lot to the routines. Would be nice to have best of both worlds

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back