2020 Event Finals Day 1 MAG FX/PH WAG VT/UB (Sunday, August 1, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Completely agree.

I knew no matter what she does or says, people will find fault. Some just don’t like her, for various reasons. I just rolled my eyes at the comments earlier bc I expected it. I am sure she might think about how close it was - most competitive people would ask themselves what they could better.

I am just glad she got a (deserved) medal and can move on with her life. Time will pass and people will find another gymnast to dislike.

I am now hoping Jade does amazing and earns a medal! And I hope selfishly that Simone competes on beam. But obviously she should do what is best for her, and she has proven that she will do just that.

You talk as if she’s done nothing to earn the dislike.

The phone call could’ve as easily involved her telling him exactly why she disagreed with him as it could anything else.

The phone call could’ve as easily involved her telling him exactly why she disagreed with him as it could anything else.
Well, it was PRIOR to him posting it.

You seriously think Jonas had a two hour conversation with MyKayla about how Mykayla didnt agree with him. And then, after the phone call ended, he posted his view on Instagram, knowing full well that it was the opposite of MyKayla’s opinion?

And your response might be “well we don’t know”. And sure, we don’t. But cmon. Common sense?

Reactions: L_R
Yet the people who are currently spending everyday with her, living, training etc seem to enjoy her company and are supportive of her. That is far more telling than social media posts.
It doesn’t erase the social media posts.

Oh no. I’ve followed gymnastics for a very long time (well ‘84 on). I haven’t forgotten her stupidity. I still think she has done amazing things as a gymnast, and is incredibly talented.

I also think we do not know her and her teammates do, and they seem to have a different opinion of her than many on here.

But no - she’s not perfect. She has made a lot of mistakes. I didn’t care for her much at all pre college. I have started to like her gymnastics more in the past few years. I don’t know her at all personally, of course.

Ive been on message boards for so long so I know that there are just usually cycles and typically gymnasts that are the “favorites”/“least favorites”. This board is amazing though because at least we can discuss those differing opinions without getting thrown off the board!

And pommels is ever so slightly easier to hang on for another whole quad since it’s more technical and involves less pounding than say vault and floor. Rhys for 2024!

Doug, you should know better than anyone how easy it is to lose your cool and get carried away and over emotional online.

I’m quite sure that Mykayla was upset and disappointed when she spoke to Jonas following qualification. He’s her husband, that’s what couples do.

I very much doubt they spent two hours talking about one specific point and nothing else, no.

Really though, you’re evidently of the view that literally all his views about gymnastics come from her. That despite the competitions he’s attended, other gymnasts and coaches he knows, content he’s read, he’s never formed any opinion at all of his own volition. This, as well as being plain invention, is difficult to believe. It is not a common sense approach, and conclusions yielded on the basis of this belief aren’t common sense conclusions.

I very much doubt they spent two hours talking about one specific point and nothing else, no.

Really though, you’re evidently of the view that literally all his views about gymnastics come from her. That despite the competitions he’s attended, other gymnasts and coaches he knows, content he’s read, he’s never formed any opinion at all of his own volition. This, as well as being plain invention, is difficult to believe. It is not a common sense approach, and conclusions yielded on the basis of this belief aren’t common sense conclusions
I guess we will agree to disagree.

I don’t like her, or her gymnastics. But I don’t understand the irrational hatred of her. I can’t think of any other gymnasts where there has been such an enduring hatred. Ferlito made outright racist remarks and got off lightly compared with Skinner! Also the misogynistic takes of “if her husband said it she must agree” is staggering!

Nagornyy was arguably underscored on floor in TF, does anyone care what Daria thinks about it?! Nope.

I am quite interested to think about how what you propose could’ve happened, though. They were together a couple of years while she did NCAA, weren’t they? He must have been to multiple collegiate competitions, watched a couple of US Nationals, Olympic Trials, Classics. At those competitions he’s got to have at least noticed some of the other gymnastics going on, before speaking to her. Good chance he’s made the acquaintance of people within the gymnastics world, maybe even other family members too. And still, never come up with a view on anything gymnastics related by himself, without Mykayla?

Last edited:
Even if he has become knowledgeable about gymnastics and forms his own opinions, it’s ok to think that your wife is unconditionally amazing!! I mean, the answer to who is the greatest uneven bars worker in Russia of the past 10 years is Aliya Mustafina, but not if you’re Nikita Nagornyy it isn’t!

And still, never come up with a view on anything gymnastics related by himself, without Mykayla?
Look at what he posted.

He somehow thought that Team USA lost the gold because they didn’t pick Mykayla.

It’s not that I don’t think he can have his own opinion. It’s that his opinion is 1. Completely wrong , and 2. Aligns completely with everything we know about Skinner’s reaction to not getting put on the main team.

Are you saying that she shouldn’t have been disappointed not to be named to the main team and basically a guaranteed Olympic medal?

Remember years ago when we wished gymnasts would say how they felt rather than “I just want to go out there and try my best”?!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back