2020 Event Finals Day 1 MAG FX/PH WAG VT/UB (Sunday, August 1, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So bummed with the finals, I got cranky during the bars final and went back to bed. I’m shocked but kinda happy Suni held onto the podium, I really wanted her to hit though.

Completely gutted for Jade and hope she does well in floor finals. I really want all the US girls to go home with a medal and Jade still needs one.

Spoken like a spouse who has rung some bollocks and such oneself!

(ETA: or knows others who have. Haha)

😆

Last edited:
It clearly does. His opinions regarding gymnastics are completely from Skinner herself.

She clearly says all this shit to him in private but then says the more PC stuff on her socials.
I hate posts like this that make all kinds of assumptions and then state them as fact.

It’s just weird. They are newlyweds, she’s his world, he think she’s perfect and will defend her no matter what. Mykayla’s own social media doesn’t align with his at all!

In a weird way, it’s endearing. He was wrong, of course, but he’s just thinks he’s defending his wife. There’s worse things for a spouse to do.

ETA I do quite like the idea of her slapping him around for doing it, too. 🙂

Last edited:
His latest post, following the vault final, is nothing but his love and admiration for her. Not a mention of not winning gold, or of any other competitor.

His latest post, following the vault final, is nothing but his love and admiration for her. Not a mention of not winning gold, or of any other competitor
Yeah, the cleaned up version after the “I’m sorry for giving our true thoughts” post.

Right. But that is what I was referring to. The post he made after vault.
Yes.

And my view is that hes now being very careful what he says after his monumental “ooops did I say that out loud” fuck up earlier in the week.

Of course his current posts are now sanitised.

Last edited:
These been several occasions now where Mykayla’s social media responses have been very different from those of her husband
She’s been burnt online over the last 5 years. She knows that she can only post the “Go Team USA” stuff. She can’t go posting her face over gabbys face anymore without a backlash.

If you think her sanitised social media posts are full of her genuine thoughts on the matter, you’re very naive.

Her husbands social media post is perhaps the clearest glimpse into their actual conversations.

Reactions: L_R
It’s really interesting because his hurdle looks so high, but he still gets that amazing height on his tumbling.

She seems supportive of her team mates and vice versa, outside of social media. Her and Simone seem particularly close. I don’t think that would be the case were she as obnoxious as you’re suggesting.

Last edited:
She seems supportive of her team mates and vice versa, outside of social media. Her and Simone seem particularly close. I don’t think that would be the case were she as obnoxious as you’re suggesting
You can’t deny that she’s got history.

And it’s not unreasonable to think that the stuff that Jonas said in his social media is what they had discussed. Although granted, no one listened to their conversation. I don’t think it’s a stretch to come to that conclusion.

’s unreasonable to present it as anything other than guesswork, and saying his opinions on the sport are completely from her is just daft. Fundamentally, you have no idea
I mean, 1. Those opinions are strikingly similar to the opinions Skinner HAS herself said in the past and 2. Her YouTube video literally said she had a huge long telephone call with Jonas right before Jonas posted it.

So yeah, it’s my guess. But I don’t think it’s an unreasonable guess.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back