2020 Event Finals Day 1 MAG FX/PH WAG VT/UB (Sunday, August 1, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Then we agree on the two most important points after all. 🙂

I’m confused, how can NBC skip competitors when they are going one at a time, and they get to cut it all down and together once the event’s done? What are they showing instead?

Last edited:
Commercials, fluff about USA athletes, and I guess they valued showing Russian athletes over Korean/Mexican athletes instead? I just don’t get it, a decent percentage of the USA tv audience is Mexican American. Are they just trying to fuel to old merica/Russia narrative?

They always try to sell some sort of story and drama instead of letting the performances speak for themselves, so probably.
Also, if axing the one touches was for TV purposes, why bother? They just edit everything out anyways.

Agreed! And with the medal ceremonies happening in between the events… sounds like an opportunity for a one-touch since they’re alternating men and women anyway. I want to see everyone at their best in event finals not a final where only 1/4 of the competitors hit.

The entire American entertainment industry gets off on US vs Russia narratives. They wouldn’t have even showed Andrade had she not won the event final.

Wait, what were you replying to?

Or do you think, generally speaking, that it’s ridiculous that 2021 – 1991 = 30? LOL

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back