US Olympic Team Trials - June 24-27, 2021

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I could see if Chiles or Lee has a sucky day (of 2) and ends up in fifth by a smidgen, they would start to weigh results from nationals more heavily.

This is my biggest fear currently (lol), is that if Chiles has a bad day and ends up 4th or 5th, does she all of the sudden get left off?

ProScore would probably put Skinner in the team for VT alone and make Suni do FX.

Devastating for Eddie but I don’t think he had much of a chance. I’ve always assumed +1 would come down to Nedoroscik and Yoder.

Skinner announced it on her YouTube channel . . . her coach seems to think the extra skill improves how the whole routine works.

Her youtube - she doesn’t look confident and needs a lot of spotting and on one attempt missed her hand and slammed her neck into the lb

Ub overall looks a big struggle

Because they figure she’ll make the team and be the 2nd AAer. At least that’s how I think their thought process works.

She also said that she has “tweaked” her elbow on ub and is going to get treatment

I wonder if Skinner is not at 100%/slightly injured if she will withdraw from Trials completely, rather than compete and finish 10th.
Coming up 10th does not fulfill the french vanilla fantasy that she and her Skans think she was robbed of the Olympics, not once but twice.
Withdrawing completely lends itself to “would have been on the team for sure if she competed!” narrative.
As it is her Skans have been foaming at the mouth at how underscored she was at Nationals.
Just curious.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back