US Olympic Team Trials - June 24-27, 2021

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I can’t stand watching Simone on beam - her splits are horrible. It really looks as though she doesn’t have the flexibility to do split leaps - I don’t understand why?
Also her feet - they just hang and she can’t seem to keep her ankles together. I truly think she is incapable of a proper toe point. Seriously - has she ever damaged her feet in any way when younger that has made them like this?

They’re fine? Yes, you could definitely take .1 for lack of foot form throughout the exercise, but I wouldn’t deduct any of her splits individually for the foot form.

Some tweets on Chiles

Jordan Chiles seems to be limping over on floor as we enter the third rotation of official podium training.

And yes, she was definitely limping. We sat and watched her for a couple of minutes before sharing that to make sure it wasn’t just a fluke misstep

Here’s the synopsis of the Chiles situation: Was limping from what seemed to be her right ankle, but then she went up & hit her floor routine… That being said, definitely something to keep in mind. Could be nothing but soreness or a slight tweak. Could be something.

I was against the laid-out triple double initially, because I assumed the deductions and likely out of bounds would take her out of the FX medal mix. But I’m not confident she will be in the be in the mix unless she improves a lot in the next month.

Go for it Jade and get a named skill.

Simone is flat-footed. So a super arched toe point like the ones seen in rhythmic isn’t natural to her. And it wouldn’t make sense to take the time to train her feet for something that she may not be getting seriously deducted for.

The issue is that the best time to do it would be TF, which she can’t do. I think she is perfectly capable of medalling with her routine starting with the Moors. I also think she can probably do the tucked triple double if she can do the laidout version.

Who has a better chance of holding up against the rest of the world and bringing home a medal? Donnell on vault or Yoder on pommel?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back