US Nationals WAG Day 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think it was put in because she needed some way to put the halves together and she was out of time on the better options (and with this too, but it was closer). Honestly glad she won’t be at trials if worlds is the goal. Don’t waste time and money with the traveling and competition, just spend the time at home getting things to work.

Honestly glad she won’t be at trials if worlds is the goal. Don’t waste time and money with the traveling and competition, just spend the time at home getting things to work.
Agreed, and she may not have even submitted a petition to Trials for this reason.

Some might hate on me but I’ve been thinking it constantly and I can’t keep it in any more
Remember
To each their own

I just keep thinking

Karma!

Reactions: Dex
Sydney Barros and Karis German are the two WCC gymnasts left out of the team/Trials

Aleah Finnegan left out from GAGE.

Last edited:
Spencer confirmed that the highest scoring time using Day 2 was Skinner as the 4th, over both days taking the highest score it’s Wong. I don’t think he did average, but I think Wong would beat Skinner there.

It’s funny how none of us are talking about Malabuyo when she just creamed Grace, Leanne, DiCello, Eaker and Skinner. Third on beam Night 2. Emma shat all over a hit set from Eaker on beam.

She just doesn’t fit into the TF picture. A little bit like a Nichols situation.

Last edited:
I wonder if Riley will do AA at Trials. I think she kinda has to at least show routines. Come maybe Top 8 AA. And also basically win bars. Then the +1 is hers, I think.

No National Team for Finnegan. That’s gotta suck for her.

McCallum was so far from her best. If she can get back to her usual standard, then I think she is a no brainer for the team. She has a gorgeous DTY and rumours of a Cheng. Very usable on other events and is usually so calm and solid. I honestly do believe in her and have her as the 4th gymnast along with Biles, Chiles and Lee.

I think the plus 1 should go to McCusker. There is no clear 2nd bars worker. If she can manage to edge out the other Americans, she is a legitimate medal shot if others make mistakes (and she doesn’t).

I hope they take Chellsie to trials - she needs more meet experience and she really could factor in to a Worlds team if she can get her shit together. She is also a nice media story.

Loved the girls dancing at the end. My first thought was ‘Marta wouldn’t allow this’. Nice to see them having fun.

I ran some code and the best 4 person team using averages for both days is:

Biles, Chiles, Suni and Skinner

This team just takes Skinner to vault in place of Suni in TF

The best team using max score for both days is:

Biles, Chiles, Suni and Wong

In this scenario Wong competes both vault and floor in place of Suni in TF

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back