US National 2022 Senior WAG Day 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The fact they have Chiles ahead of Dicello and Carey is upsetting to me. This is Worlds spots on the line right there.

Last edited:
The top two juniors would be in 7th and 8th place scorewise.

I’m very curious to know what international judges would do with Chiles’ routines. The discrepancy between you and USAG was 😬
I’ve been within 2 tenths of the Euros judges like, 90% of the time. I know how they were judging at euros and Chiles got some GIFTS tonight.

DiCello hasnt committed to trying for Worlds has she? Thats how the broadcast made it sound, but i hope she does.

Things can change but Blakely continues to be inconsistent.

Worlds is Jones (lock), McClain (lock), Carey (lock VT/FX), DiCello, Wong, Chiles…only Miller on bars could disrupt.

DiCello and Chiles stock went up for sure. DiCello was impressive.
Jones was just fantastic, I hope she wins nationals it would be well deserved.

Yeah, but you get 5. So Jones, McClain, Chiles, DiCello, and Carey. Wong looks to be the only potential spoiler. Maaaaybe Blakely. But after that, there isn’t anyone.

Wong for bars definitely. But Chiles was 2nd here.
Chiles could potentially just do bars at Worlds since they need a bars worker. DiCello wasn’t too far behind. DiCello being 2nd on beam behind McClain was critical too, can’t use Carey or Jones on beam in team finals.

Since I only saw the two things Wong did today and wasn’t super impressed (though bars was good), I hope she gets well for the selection camp.

That said, I hope Chellsie and the other coordinators have a talk with the judges about keeping the scoring real and taking all deductions so there isn’t an October (?) surprise at Worlds.

Jones beam was 3rd. Was that a fluke? Why wouldn’t you use her on beam in finals?

The issue is always that the judges are fair 90% of the time, but then pick their favs (Chiles) and throw out gifts which have a real impact on team selection.

then you have Gymcastic screaming about “highest scoring team” when it actually ISNT the highest scoring team in international meets.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back