US Classic Senior Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Before he was appointed Marta’s replacement as Team Coordinator Valeri was the TOPS guy. Maybe Konnor and her family had a good experience with him at some point? It doesn’t mean this will be successful but if their paths crossed before there might have been good interactions. I hope he has changed since Ohashi’s revelations.

ETA: https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=11015&prog=

Last edited:
There’s also a Susan Brown who coaches at WOGA in Plano. Her profile pic on Twitter has Valeri in it with her, and apparently she coached Ohashi too.

I’m assuming the “they didn’t qualify a team” fail. But I think it would be hard to blame him because the writing was on the wall as soon as Andrade went down.

As for Valeri coaching, with all luck, all eyes will be on him and he will behave to the modern standards or be tossed on his ass. And behave like all professionals who are in the pay of others and keep his frustrations to himself.

I think you’re being quite kind there. Andrade was their best, but they didn’t lack other talent, and Valeri was the one who made the decision to work with such a small group. It is not as if Spain put up a particularly difficult score to beat either. We all thought at the time that Brazil should’ve been able to do it with the squad they had.

BRA was the biggest WAG disappointment of the quad. So much ability that was not delivered properly. It came as no surprise however. For Jr. Worlds BRA looked like a high placing was in the works and…fizzle - an indication of the poor choices to come later on.

Dosvedonya Valeri,

Love, Daniele!

Admittedly I didn’t know where to look online and had no success–does Brazil only have 1 spot for Tokyo?

BRA has one spot at the moment - Saraiva, based on Worlds '19. They’ll undoubtedly gain another place after Senior Pan American Championships held in Rio from 04-06 June. There are two place available through the continental quota.

It’s also heavily rumored that Raegan Rutty of the Cayman Islands is getting the Tripartite Slot.

Who are they sending to that competition that would get that spot?

BRA is sending:

DOS SANTOS OLIVEIRA, Lorraine
FERNADES BARBOSA, Jade
FIDELIS DOS SANTOS Thais
LOPES SARAIVA, Flávia *maybe the “tune-up” before OG
RODRIGUES ANDRADE, Rebeca
SILVIA BEZERRA, Christal

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back