Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (5/29/24 Withdrawn from Nationals)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Someone on Reddit posted a picture from Gabby's hairstylist of Gabby's competition hair the day before the COVID test, so it sounds like she was planning to compete

she could go to
Pacific Rigen
Metroplex
Stars
Texas Dreams
Zenith Elite
Hills
CGA
Woga (to maybe the Frisco)
WCC - NO

Lets see where she goes.

This is all just too ridiculous at this point, and it's taking attention away from the athletes who are showing full routines and trying their best to shine in the Olympic year. Suni too: the fact that we all had to debate whether or not a gymnast who received those scores at a selection competition should be granted a chance to compete internationally is not showing us in our best light.

This is all just too ridiculous at this point, and it's taking attention away from the athletes who are showing full routines and trying their best to shine in the Olympic year. Suni too: the fact that we all had to debate whether or not a gymnast who received those scores at a selection competition should be granted a chance to compete internationally is not showing us in our best light.
I'm lucky enough that I can multitask--I can suppose, imagine, pretend with possible comebacks and any glow-ups as well as watch whatever is actually being shown. And hell, not like any of the n00bs have shown us a Laurie Hernandez debut and maybe they are happy the old folks are taking the pressure and attention. Also, when has this board never not debated something? Like, that is what we do.

she could go to
Pacific Rigen
Metroplex
Stars
Texas Dreams
Zenith Elite
Hills
CGA
Woga (to maybe the Frisco)
WCC - NO

Lets see where she goes.
There is absolutely no way Kelli Hill will take Gabby. Like, I'm dying imagining that phone call, lol.

Stars doesn't have an elite program any more, and with Dan Baker on the High Performance Leadership Team, he's unlikely to take her due to the conflict of interest.

An intra-WOGA coaching switch is unheard of. And why would Marchenko take on Gabby when he already has Skye Blakely and Kaliya Lincoln?

I'm lucky enough that I can multitask--I can suppose, imagine, pretend with possible comebacks and any glow-ups as well as watch whatever is actually being shown. And hell, not like any of the n00bs have shown us a Laurie Hernandez debut and maybe they are happy the old folks are taking the pressure and attention. Also, when has this board never not debated something? Like, that is what we do.
Fair enough! I'm totally being hypocritical here lol. I'm a culprit too.

At the end of the day, though, she's so talented and has so much skill that many coaches would probably say yes if she asked them to coach her.

I mean, I would. Gabby, ring me up. But plan on coming to NYC. ;-)

At the end of the day, though, she's so talented and has so much skill that many coaches would probably say yes if she asked them to coach her.

I mean, I would. Gabby, ring me up. But plan on coming to NYC. ;-)
Just imagine how utterly insufferable we would be, as a collective, if that actually happened. It's a tantalising thought.

I sincerely wonder if Natalie Hawkins is, in any way, a part of all of this. Given her past, I can't help but err on the side of yes, even if Gabby is 28.

RE Gabby saying she had Covid. Was Hezley Rivera unwell at Winter Cup - after beam dismount looks like she does a sneeze or cough in to her arm, then wipes her nose with her hand?

I sincerely wonder if Natalie Hawkins is, in any way, a part of all of this. Given her past, I can't help but err on the side of yes, even if Gabby is 28.
I thought of this as well. No way she is still dictating things when Gabby is 28, right?

RE Gabby saying she had Covid. Was Hezley Rivera unwell at Winter Cup - after beam dismount looks like she does a sneeze or cough in to her arm, then wipes her nose with her hand?

Blakely was reportedly recovering from a cold, so it's possible that multiple things were going around. Alternatively, maybe they all had covid and only Gabby tested. Given the general laxity around covid at this point, that wouldn't be too shocking.

She wouldn't have to be dictating things. Just be a trusted advisor whose input Gabby takes seriously. She is her mom after all. And I believe Natalie was the main reason for getting rid of Kittia when Gabby was 20.

Do we know if Natalie moved with Gabby to Texas when she started training at WOGA?
I thought of this as well. No way she is still dictating things when Gabby is 28, right?

I haven't seen any evidence she is there on Gabby's Instagram, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

MC, please tell us where you get this from.
As I said, seems like. Based upon what I have heard and what information we already know.

The fact that there’s no immediate transfer to another gym for instance. Very unusual.

To use a horse racing phrase, there is clearly a bug in the barn. Valeri’s other athletes appear to be getting over some sort of cold

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back