Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

WCC is Houston area, not Dallas.
Metroplex maybe.
I don’t think she’ll be looking for a gym with a large elite team. I can see her going to one of the many, lesser known gyms in the Dallas area staffed by coaching refugees from WOGA.

I think she would do better at a low-drama lesser known place anyway.

We all love it really. Keep coming back for more every time!
IMG_2328.jpeg

Yikes. This is shocking to me. I wonder what happened? Was she lying about covid? Did her choosing to back out because of covid piss Valeri off and she left? She’s been there for two years now, you don’t just up and leave unless other things were building up to this. I need answers.

I don’t understand this concept of a fake comeback because she’s shown enough gymnastics for us to know she’s gotten fit and is doing serious stuff. It’s not like we’ve only seen some giants and a leap. She’s literally doing elements she couldn’t do on her last comeback. And she hasn’t done any big publicity or anything that I would imagine she could cash in on yet. It doesn’t make sense. With that said, I’m completely confused and skeptical about what’s happening.

I did find it fascinating that no one else from Valeri's WOGA withdrew from COVID. It suggested:

1. She didn't have COVID, it was just a convenient excuse to withdraw
2. She has COVID and Valeri was angry she withdrew, leading to the split
3. She has COVID and knows others from the gym did too but their refusal to test/withdraw/protect others was that distasteful to her

2 and 3 not being mutually exclusive

I did find it fascinating that no one else from Valeri's WOGA withdrew from COVID. It suggested:

1. She didn't have COVID, it was just a convenient excuse to withdraw
2. She has COVID and Valeri was angry she withdrew, leading to the split
3. She has COVID and knows others from the gym did too but their refusal to test/withdraw/protect others was that distasteful to her

2 and 3 not being mutually exclusive
Or she had already left WOGA so hadn't been around the other gymnasts.

Or, she left WOGA and had no one to coach her at Winter Cup...

so many if/thens

We likely won't ever know

ETA: Could explain why no one from WOGA withdrew, and the backlash caused Ana to reveal that Gabby left.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back